Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Acne & Scarring

Helloooo I was wondering which products help with acne and acne scarring. I have teenage skin with a few breakouts and red scarring from popping pimples. I've stopped popping them. Don't worry. Anyways I also have combination skin. Which products do you think that may help me? Thanks!

Re: Acne & Scarring

I have combination skin and I use "The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%" to exfoliate, and to prevent acne and scarring; I find it works better for me than BHA. I also use "The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%" for the scarring.

Re: Acne & Scarring

I had the same problem from bad acne. I had cystic acne which left me with bad scars. I'm fair and they would take forever to go away.  I started to use the Derma doctor AHA/BHA cleanser it's a milky cleanser that I use at night. In the mornings I use thr new Drunk Elephant Best Jelly Cleanser. Not sure if it is out yet. My sephora skin girl hooked me up.  In the am I tone with Sunday riley Martian toner and use her vitamin C serum but if your on a budget I'd recommend the Pixie Line at Target there is a double Cleanse by Caroline Hirons  (warch her youtube very informative) it's gentle and with also take off make up, and the Pixie Glow tonic. Highly recommended that for an acid toner it is 5% glycol.  I'd recommend Ole Henricksin (sp?) At sephora vit C serum. I started with that and worked my way to sunday riley's.  Keep the bottle in a dark place like a cabinet. Vit C can go bad so warch for discoloration and if you notice a funny smell....that's with any vit C. It will help with the hyperpigmentation. At night I would use another acid like salicylic...or thr drunken elephant TLC Frambose. But of you tone again with the Pixie glycolic then follow with the Sunday Riley UFO oil (green) then moisturizer with a gel base moisturizer. I like the Aqua Bomb by belief. Became full not to get the  other one. The Bomb is gel base and not as thick but give you the moisture your skin needs. I use my Clarasonic with my am cleansers and to help get off and out all the congestion and dead skin the acid and oils were supposed to be doing the night before. I will mask 2 to 3 times a week depending on what my skin neeeds....detox, hydration, brightening. I also have Prescription Retin A 0.25% that I use at my discretion.   Acids, good cleansers, Vit C, sunscreen, and dedication will help to see results.  It's about what your face reacts thr best to and giving it time to work...at least a month to see real changes.  I know how you feel and I wish you all the best of luck. I suffered for years and still get the occasional hormonal one but not as bad a I immediately put on Murad rapid spot....it's a lightener....there is one specify for acne and one for like age spot. That helps when I do get one to fade it within 5 days instead of 3 week.  Best of luck to.you. 

RE: Acne & Scarring

For acne it really depends on your skin type. Dry skin should use gentle cleansers maybe like fresh milk wash. I really personally liked the origins acne wash [its blue] good price point and works well for me personally [combination acne prone skin] tea tree oil helps naturally keep pores clean and acne at bay while also helping scars. Gel based moisturizer because it won't clog pores. Scaring I suggest vitamin C serum or wash and gentle exfoliation weekly depending on how sensitive your skin is. I've been using organic rose hip oil for my scars it doesn't break my super acne prone skin out and it's already clearing the scars. Good luck hope I helped❤️

You should try applying some bio oil to get rid of the scars! But not too much. And not when it's super hot out. It helped me I hope it helps you!

My aesthetician recommended Face Reality products and my skin hasn't broken out anymore.

you should try ole henriksen the whole truth vitamin c kit or the serum
Anonymous Insider

Agreed this did wonders

I had the same problem. till start to wash my face with c...

I had the same problem. till start to wash my face with clarisonic twice at day using murad cleanser and micro needle one a week following whit vitamin c or any serum of you preference for scaring. mud mask is a must for deep cleaning

Alpha Arubutin (The Ordinary), Vitamin C (Korres, Drunk E...

Alpha Arubutin (The Ordinary), Vitamin C (Korres, Drunk Elephant, Sunday Riley), and your face AHA will all work together and help with fading
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing