cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Acne Scarring

Hey there! 
The thing i am most insecure about, is my acne scars. I’ve had them for years and can’t seem to find ANYTHING to get rid of them! I have really dry skin so something that wouldn’t dry it out too bad. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Re: Acne Scarring

Hi Katie!

There are a lot of good recommendations down below! I would also suggest a lactic acid (like the Tatcha Dewy Skin Serum, the new Drunk Elephant Protini Powerpeptide, or even the Freck Beauty Lactic Acid toner). Lactic acid tends to be less harsh and drying than your traditional retinol. HOWEVER! Any treatment you use is not going to give you the results you want if you do not protect your skin. The main thing that you need, honestly, is sunscreen. A dedicated sunscreen that is, preferably, SPF 30 or higher. The sun is your worst enemy when it comes to any type of pigmentation on your skin. So protect, protect, protect! My favorite sunscreen is the one from Biossance. Dr. Dennis Gross has a new one that looks promising and SuperGoop has many to choose from.

Hope that helps!

@Tatcha 
@DrunkElephant 
@FreckBeauty 
@Biossance 

@drdennisgross 

@supergoop 

Hi Katie,

It's been a while since you posted this, but just in case you're still looking, I have some advice.

I would strongly recommend --- Acne Scar Peel. It's helped my acnes scars so much after just a month of using it. Check out the before and after pictures on their website and see for yourself! As long as you follow the application instructions, you won't be disappointed.

Excited for your journey to clear skin!

@katie244444 If your scars are discolorations, I'd consider looking for a good vitamin C (ascorbic acid) serum. If they're more textural, an AHA (lactic or glycolic acid) serum might be helpful. For deep textural scars though, over-the-counter remedies won't help much and would want an evaluation from a dermatologist for things like laser treatments. 

Agree with all the above. 

Retinoids can help with both pigmentation and texture also, and can be prescribed by a dermatologist.

Hi @katie244444 ! I’d suggest The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . Niacinimide is awesome for evening skin tone and acne scars! This product is also super affordable. Have a great day 😊

it says not available in my country 😞 i live in US

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing