Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sensitive skin exfoliater

Hi all! Looking for the best gentle exfoliator for VERY sensitive and easily irritated skin leading to extreme redness, tightness and breakouts. Brand or price doesn’t matter. I’ve heard good things about the farmacy exfoliator - thoughts? Any other suggestions?

Re: Sensitive skin exfoliater

@hillllllary,

One of the most gentle exfoliators that I found is the Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator. It offer a very light exfoliation and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.

https://www.sephora.com/product/deep-cleansing-exfoliator-P374574?skuId=1859792&icid2=products%20gri...

❤️ Melissa

Physical exfoliators and ultra-sensitive (easily reddened) skin don't usually go together. I have rosacea and tried for years to scrub away my lightly textured skin. The exfoliators temporarily softened my skin but they also cause extreme redness. It wasn't until I went to a dermtologist who prescribed Finacea which ended the flaky skin. If you can, you might try seeing a doctor for your skin condition. 

@hillllllary I'd try BHA from Paula's Choice...start with the 1%.  🙂

Hi @hillllllary, I like Fresh Sugar face polish.  I rub it straight on my dry skin, but if you wet your skin first you can dissolve some of the sugar and make it more gentle.  Smells like strawberries too, which is awesome. 

It will leave your skin red immediately after use, but otherwise seems pretty gentle as far as scrubs go.

@hillllllary

I have extremely sensitive skin and rosacea. I rarely use an exfoliater.
I do have Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. It's supposedly gentle enough for every day use...at least on normal skin. But I either use that or I put Aquaphor or even Carmex on a trouble spot overnight then when I was my face in the morning, use a washcloth to slough away the dead skin. 

I have used Mandelic Acid in the past, but the last time, my skin reacted too badly, even though it's a gentle acid. So I've decided to give it a little break. 

Someone else may have better suggestions, but these are coming from someone with ultra-sensitive skin. Sometimes it's better to spot treat and use something ultra gentle, even if it's unconventional. Overall, I stay well hydrated so it's rare that I need exfoliating, but for those rare times, that's what I do.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing