Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Almost every product stings/burns face

I've been using the same products on my face for years - St. Ives Apricot Scrub and Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer.

I read about how St. Ives isn't good for your skin because of the little walnut pieces, so I've been looking for a new face wash. But everything I try stings my face and causes a burning sensation with redness.

I like the Clean & Clear moisturizer for day use, but looking for something more hydrating for a night cream. Again, everything I have tried burns my face.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Would love recommendations.

My skin is generally on the dry side, and semi-acne-prone.

Re: Almost every product stings/burns face

I love the apricot scrub, but only use it once a week and sadly can't bring myself to repurchase it now that I've realised that it isn't cruelty free. I've replaced it with Tatcha's Deep Cleanse, which is gentler and can be used every day.

It is possible that you have damaged skin, but you may also just be experiencing sensitivities to trying new ingredient combinations. Try using some soothing sheet masks (I like aloe for calming down the skin) and maybe use a face cream that has approval from the eczema association. I quite like Tatcha's Indigo Cream for night time as it has helped my face recover from trying lots of other products that caused allergic reactions... I find it a bit pricey though, so would recommend trying a travel size in one of their starter sets if you are interested (I tend to buy mine when it is 20% off if I can and just stock up a bit).

@femtype Everything burns because  of over exfoliation and microtears. The skin barrier is raw. Your daily cleanser should be smooth, exfoliating daily isn't needed as the skin has it own cycle. Also SPF daily, so the skin can heal.

Clean and Clear has acne ingredients, which you don't want right now. Focus on soothing and repairing.

Neutrogena oil free moisture sensitive for moisturizer. Baby products can also be used due to their gentleness. Cleanser, Neutrogena fresh foaming, more creamy. Dermalogica ultra calming line. FAB.

Thank you! I went to Sephora and got samples of both the Kiehls and Belif, and they both do not cause any irritation!

Neither of those products is particularly good quality.  I's suggest alternating KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance MaskandREN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.  The latter is my go-to when my face feels chapped or irritated.  I'd also suggest a different face cream.  KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Creamis very light and non-irritating and made for sensitive skin.

Thank you! I got the Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream and it's good so far.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing