Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers

Beauty products at TJMaxx & Marshalls

A few months ago I saw Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum at TJMaxx for $7.99 and thought it was a steal of a price. While still in the store, I googled it on my phone to see the Sephora price and noticed that the packaging & label on the product was different vs Sephora's. A google search of past Truth Serum's package came up as the one that TJMaxx sold was their old packaging which was from a year ago. So I didn't buy it because I was afraid that I'd be buying a serum that had been sitting on a shelf in a warehouse for well over a year. For those of you that buy skincare & makeup from discounted stores such as TJMaxx, Marshalls & Nordtrom Rack, have you found that the products work equally the same as when you buy them from Sephora? Or do you find that they're less potent?

Re: Beauty products at TJMaxx & Marshalls

Yes, definitely check out our running thread, @dennisselisseth! But aside from that and to answer your question, I have zero problems buying makeup and skincare from these types of stores. Most unopened skincare has a shelf life of around 3 years, so generally speaking, it's totally fine. Ole Henriksen itself was selling off the last of the older packaging within this past year. 

RE: Re: Beauty products at TJMaxx & Marshalls

Thank you for letting me know that. Next time I see something that I like from TJ Maxx or Marshall’s, I’ll buy it and not think that it’s expired or irregular.

Re: Beauty products at TJMaxx & Marshalls

@dennisselisseth There's a popular thread about those stores over here, and I bet you'd get some helpful responses! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/TJ-Maxx-Marshalls-Winners-Hauls-amp-Finds/m-p/405760...

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing