Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

BEWARE!!! Mold ON Samples!!

image_02 (3).pngOrdered one of the deluxe boi-oing concealer samples, went to use it today and was faced with this. 

Anybody else who ordered one if you haven't used it, I would suggest checking it!! I was absolutely horrified when I opened it to use. They really must be struggling for samples if they are sending out old out of date ones. From now on I will check all my samples to make sure they are in date! I contacted CS and I have had them assure me they will find out and let me know whether these are old warehouse samples, this is a one off or if it is a bad batch.

It definitely makes me wonder about a lot of the repeat promotions that they offer year in year out. 

RE: BEWARE!!! Mold ON Samples!!

I redeemed one and after seeing this, went to double check. That’s pretty scary

Re: BEWARE!!! Mold ON Samples!!

Hi guys, Upon reviewing the samples, it was determined to be crystallized water, not mold. If anyone redeemed this sample and needs assistance, please send me a PM. 

Thank you! I was hoping to hear back about this. I'm an e...

Thank you! I was hoping to hear back about this. I'm an earth sciences nerd, so I was trying to puzzle that one out, but in terms of clay and mud substrates. 🙂

Did I call it or did I call it? 😎

Is that mold or is it the product cracking from temperature change/ lack of moisture?  I would expect mold to grow on an even surface and not change the texture of the host, but this appears to have cracking near the unidentified spots.

Holy cow!  That's insane!  Good catch! Mold + skin is a bad combination...to say the least.

woa, gross! 

@georgejamesjc Yikes! That’s gross 😞

RE: Re: BEWARE!!! Mold ON Samples!!

🤢🤢🤢🤢

that looks scarry though! OMG

georgejamesjc wrote:

image_02 (3).pngOrdered one of the deluxe boi-oing concealer samples, went to use it today and was faced with this. 

Anybody else who ordered one if you haven't used it, I would suggest checking it!! I was absolutely horrified when I opened it to use. They really must be struggling for samples if they are sending out old out of date ones. From now on I will check all my samples to make sure they are in date! I contacted CS and I have had them assure me they will find out and let me know whether these are old warehouse samples, this is a one off or if it is a bad batch.

It definitely makes me wonder about a lot of the repeat promotions that they offer year in year out. 

@georgejamesjc that's just gross!!

Wow, Benefit reeeally needs to get their act together.

@fieldsofclover No kidding. I’m starting to wonder if I should pitch my Benefit samples. 

@PinkEvergreen Which? The ones that were recalled, or the ones that haven't been recalled yet? 😜

@fieldsofclover Lol, the ones that haven’t been recalled yet. I’m afraid that we’ll eventually find out that there were batch issues with those too...

Hi @georgejamesjc

Sorry to see this! I'll send you a private message to assist you and we will share this feedback with the brand. 

Happy Friday, 

Mali

RE: Re: BEWARE!!! Mold ON Samples!!

@MaliBT mine was like this too 😞

Re: RE: Re: BEWARE!!! Mold ON Samples!!

@annypoo Oh no! I was hoping that this would be a one-off... Darn 😞

Re: RE: Re: BEWARE!!! Mold ON Samples!!

Hi @annypoo

Oh no! I'll send you a private message as well. 

-Mali

Anonymous Insider

RE: BEWARE!!! Mold ON Samples!!

I know it’s just a sample, but did they replace it for you? Would suck to lose your benefit of shopping through Sephora.
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 63 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
  • image_02 (3).png
testing