cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|
Anonymous Insider

gift ideas?!???

My friends birthday is coming soon and i want to get her something special for her 16th birthday. I want to get her either a Dior perfume or an eyeshadow palette. I'm not sure which perfume would be best? i don't want to spend over $74.

Definitely get her the Dior Poison Girl it smells amazing...

Definitely get her the Dior Poison Girl it smells amazing! Also, you can get her one of the Candy Prada's and order it with a make up bag with a code when you check out.

Re: gift ideas?!???

dior's poison girl smells amazing!

Is there a particular reason you want to get her Dior? I agree with some of the others about a sampler set. I also agree with @SheWhoSkis about the Too Faced Bon Bon Palette, I have it and it is a great palette. 

@Anonymous, fragrance as a gift can be really tricky. What smells nice on a tester can smell totally different on a person (good or bad), as everyone's body chemistry is a little different. I love the idea about a sampler set of fragrance, or one of the Sephora gift sets with make up, fragrance, etc. 

You did mention eye shadow. While browsing through the gifts and value sets section of Sephora, the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette struck me as really cute, and it gets great reviews. 

The new Miss Dior is very pretty and can be purchased within your budget. Miss Dior is a pretty floral and certainly would be suitable for a teenage girl. Obviously though, choosing perfume as a gift is incredibly difficult, even if you know the recipients likes and dislikes with regards to notes.

If you do choose a fragrance for your friend you do have the reassurance that Sephora will return and exchange without question, if need be.

@Anonymous If you have $7 to spend, how about a Dior rollerball and a small eyeshadow palette?  

RE: gift ideas?!???

Check out the Sephora Favorites sets. You could get her one of the mascara and one of the lip sets for a total of around 55. Your friend could sample a bunch of stuff and then get a free full size of her favorite lipstick and@mascara. Another option- the palette on sale today for the weekly wow is great. Grab that and the Sephora Favorites Mascara Sampler.

Or one of the Sephora Favorites Perfume Samplers. Those are great.

If your friend doesn't already own the ABH Modern Renaissance palette then I highly recommend that. I personally feel $55 is not enough for the palette bc it's pretty AHMAZING!! The colours are beautiful and definitely in trend right now. I've gifted the palette to two people and they love it🤗
Anonymous Insider

I`m also open to other brands like Chanel/Versace/etc.

@kbrow Versace Bright Crystal smells good also the Tory B...

@Anonymous Versace Bright Crystal smells good also the Tory Burch Love Relentlessly, Mon Guerlain, and the Giorgio Armani Sun Soleil smell to die for!

Re: RE: gift ideas?!???

@Anonymous Chanel's Eau Tendre is a very light and fruity perfume that I can imagine a 16 y/o wearing and liking. The 1 oz size is $62! But, like someone else said, it's very tricky to buy a perfume for someone else. I'd be more inclined to buy my friend a scent that she has talked about wanting + has already smelled. Though, as mentioned, Sephora's return/exchange policy is great! 

Are you wanting to get your friend luxury brand perfumes because of the name or has she expressed an interest/like in them?

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing