Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

While I am not a huge fan of rose scents (they often smell rather mature or maybe I just associate them with my aunts), I have found a few I truly enjoy. As perfumistas I thought we could start threads for particular notes, which may help those who are just getting into the world of perfume and don't know where to start.

So here is my first recommendation for rose-centric perfumes that have a bit of edge:

Sisley-Paris Izia: it's a new fragrance that I just received as a sample but I'm already in love! It opens with bright citrusy bergamot but the rose comes forward within a few minutes, with lots of greenery, as if the flower were still rooted to the ground rather than in a bouquet. 

Re: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

Rose is a favorite note of mine.  My top five are...

1.  Serge Lutens 'La Fille de Berlin'...smells like walking through a rose garden at dusk with some spice in the air.  LOVE this fragrance.  This fragrance is NOT for someone who doesn't like rose LOL

2. Frederic Malle 'Portrait of a Lady'...spicy rose with animalistic undertones.  Someone described it as a panther hiding in a rose bush.  I like that image for this fragrance.  Sophisticated with a hint of an animal underneath.

3.  Amouage 'Epic Woman'...spicy incense rose.  This fragrance is something a truly epic woman like a warrior princess would wear.

4.  Le Labo 'Rose 31'...starts out as a spicy wood and the gorgeous rose comes out in the drydown.  Very unisex fragrance.

5.  Juliette Has a Gun 'Lady Vengeance'...lovely patchouli rose fragrance.  It's a sultry, sexy fragrance without being slutty.

RE: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

I second Roses de Chloé! 🌹

Eau de Cartier Gouttes de Rose  is quite mild and lovely.

Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance has a confident and seductive presence.

Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming is most definitely charming, smooth, beautiful.

Givenchy Very Irresistible is very irresistible indeed.

Elizabeth & James Nirvana Rose is modern and seductive.

Bond No.9  Washington Square is modern, assertive, strong, classy.

🙂

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose

Blond Rose and Izia from Sisley...

Blond Rose and Izia from Sisley...

I am a rose junkie but I mostly like the big jammy roses over a base of incense or woods (or both). My favorites are:

Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin - big jammy rose oriental but it's very much mostly rose

Serge Lutens Santal Majascule - though this might be mildly disappointing for those who were expect a majestic sandalwood (as I was initially) it's become one of my favorite fragrances for the lush jammy rose and chocolate combination over a rosewood/sandalwood combo. I used to wear this one on the first few dates because everyone LOVES it. 

Tauer Perfumes Incense Rose - pretty much smells as the name implies and it is divine

Tauer Perfumes PHI Une Rose de Khandahar - I have the original release from Christmas 2013 and I understand the new bottles of it smell a little bit different, but it's a lovely rose accented with blonde tobacco, almond and apricot. It's one where the fragrance is so well blended it's hard to separate out the notes, but I get so many compliments on this.

Neela Vermiere Creations Mohur - this is another spicy incense rose but it is so transcendently airy and beautiful. The color of the juice really matches the feeling of the fragrance. It's like the most gossamer purple mauve silk chiffon blowing in the wind. If I weren't horribly skin allergic to something in all the NVC fragrances I would own a bottle despite the cost. 

Maria Candida Gentile Cinabre - the best airy, powdery, rose vanilla

Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin is my absolute favorite fragrance!

Roses de Chloe is good. I also just received a sample of Blonde Rose by Clean Reserve that I really like.

Re: RE: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

excellent, i like those as well

🙂

Atelier Rose Is a combination rose and oud. I also like the classic tea rose.

Re: RE: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

absolutely :), like that one too

jo malone has a rose perfume that smells exactly like fre...

jo malone has a rose perfume that smells exactly like fresh cut roses! It's divine.

Stella hands down! The perfume layered with the lotion is...

Stella hands down! The perfume layered with the lotion is the best. Im constantly buying the gift set.

@LCResz I tried Gucci Bloom recently and it had a lovely rose scent 🙂

I love Gucci Bloom @greeneyedgirl107, but it’s not a true rose scent. I actually prefer Tuberose to rose because Tuberose is lighter and fresher. Rose is a heavy scent, purely floral, while Tuberose is more like a blend of gardenia and orange blossom, so it blends really well and takes a backseat such that it just smells like a fresh floral, but you couldn’t really point it out overtly. 

So, should we include Tuberose in the Rose thread or should we give it its own thread? Let the people’s voice be heard!

@LCResz I had no idea tuberose was so different from rose!  Thanks for the info!

If you like jasmine and Gardenia then tuberose is right up your alley @greeneyedgirl107! These are the white florals that dominate in a lot of perfumes that scream classic, feminine, and sexy, but not grandma-ish. Tuberose, to my nose, has a creaminess that purrs rather than screams its presence, but not everybody liked it. My body chemistry agrees with white florals way better than with straight rose, but these days I’ll try anything, I just love how your whole attitude can change based on spritzing on some perfume 😍

@LCResz Your description is like reading poetry!  Loved it!  

Related image

Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose is a perfect rose for the person who doesn't want a perfume that is ALL rose. The rose is mellowed by raspberry and vanilla, and the dry down introduces jasmine and musk. I love this one because for some reason, rose scented things make me nauseated. I haven't met a rose perfume yet that I could wear without feeling sick, but Tresor midnight rose is beautiful!

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • image.jpeg
testing