Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Sephora play box wrong shades

Help! My play box concealer and foundation samples are both too dark. Am i able to switch them out?

Re: Sephora play box wrong shades

Same! I was so sad and dissapointed. I got ipsy and it came first and it was perfect and zero mistakes. This being "higher quality" I had a little better expectacions 😞.

Same here! For my very first Play box, I got a completely wrong shade. I am an Ivory in Tarte's amazonian clay foundation, and they gave me a 08 for Make Up Forever, what?? And you can't even return or exchange it.... Wish they would notice this thread and change for the better. So disappointing!

The shade they gave me, and my Color ID Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation in Ivory, and Shape Tape concealer in Light.The shade they gave me, and my Color ID Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation in Ivory, and Shape Tape concealer in Light.

I have the same problem. They also send me this foundation in shade #08 and it's like 2 times darker then my skin color.

Ditto!  My products were so off (three products I received were specifically for African Americans and I'm extremely pale).   I'm guessing Sephora had a mess up with their system. Hoping they do something to make this right.  

Me too! I'm fair/medium and got very dark concealer and foundation. Very sad with my first Play box 😞 Also, anti cellulite cream?! Has that ever worked for anyone? 😕 Wouldn't have spent $2 on this box. Hope the rest are better

Exactly!  Me too.  Huge fail.

I'm having the same issue but they sent me all light colo...

I'm having the same issue but they sent me all light colors and I have olive skin! Very disappointed in my first bag!
Anonymous Insider

Same here WAY too dark. I'm fair and I got shades for a light skinned black tone and have thin hair put got product for thick frizzy hair! I called and they are giving me a refund for this month, but no exchange. 

@bgarci24 @honey211  The only way you would be able to exchange these items is to participate in a trade.  Unfortunately while the Play subscription is customizable it is pretty limited as far as variation is concerned.  

I'm having the same issue! 😞

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • The shade they gave me, and my Color ID Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation in Ivory, and Shape Tape concealer in Light.
testing