Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Anonymous Insider

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

I'm just going to try boxycharm.  I have ipsy and birchbox. This is so ridiculous.

This is the second time I get an email from Sephora saying I'm off the wait list.  I go to sign up and there are no spots available.  This is ridiculous.  I give up.  Too many other subscription boxes out there to keep playing this game with Sephora. 

I am in the same boat..I got the email saying I was off the wait list and I went to sign up and cannot. I have been on this wait list FOREVER and was pretty excited but when I clicked the link in the email it was just telling me I needed to join the wait list again! What the hell Sephora - not cool! 

Anonymous Insider

I got my email yesterday at 3:31pm, I went to retrieve my spot around 9:40pm, and it said I'm back on the wait list. I used the same email that you all sent the email to. This is the 2nd time my spot was given up, and it was only a 3 hr difference from when I got the email. This is crazy... 

Me too!

Anonymous Insider

Fooled again no Play subscription Again

Anonymous Insider

I'm so ready to Play. Let's get started

Anonymous Insider

Please tell me I'm really off the list this time. Is it Play time? 

It does say that the Play box bills between the first and fourth of the month then ships the third week. 

I I got my box via USPS, not UPS. 

Anonymous Insider

You said it well.  Odd as I just penned a few days ago I was billed on the first and sure seemed awhile. Seems awhile but well it's a new thing and being refined all along I figure.  Was kinda feeling silly when I get the products yesterday.  Also with ipsy they have a wait list also...I am not sure but I think most do.  Probably not such as Sephora as many started out as prescription boxes where Sephora began as a large spread out department store operation.  Some changes here and there along the way, yet by and by I encourage is well to wait.  I thought well since you penned as you did ito support your comments as I liked the vibe charlig. Posted twice even better!  That occurred to me yet I said different as I was like what? Something going on with the stars or is is me? 

This is crazy this is the third time you said I was off the wait list and then when I come to the site only to be put back on the wait list. Really Sephora why don't you just give the people a chance that you have emailed before giving up their spot. At least give them a couple of days this makes no sense. I am going to check into some other boxes if you continue to do this. It is not fair to treat your customers like this.

Oh good I'm not the only one being man handled by Sephora. I got my email TODAY that I was off the waitlist! Hooray, right? Wrong. I waited until after work to sign up and low & behold Sephora put me back on the waitlist instead. So, it seems when Sephora says you're off the waitlist - that's code for haha just kidding F* you! Do you think this is some kind of game Sephora?! 

I was on the waitlist and responded... I got in and I am waiting for my Play by Sephora Box. I also decided to sign up for Ipsy's box so I can compare.

I am very sorry for everyone who didn't get in and I understand  your frustration. I believe however that for everyone who didn't get in there are 2 who did and aren't saying anything. Which is what I almost did, but I thought maybe I could balance out in some way by saying I got in. 

I will be back with what I think the box when I finally receive it. I say this because I was charged May 3rd but did not get notification of it being sent until the 16th .... and I still have not received it. I will probably not get it until the 24th if my UPS schedule runs true.

BTW, I am VIP Rouge.

Sorry for the confusion! The boxes are scheduled at the beginning of the month and usually ship around the 3rd week. It looks like your box was delivered on 5/21. If you haven't received it, please send me a private message.

I went to sign up 88 minutes after the invite but no luck. Utterly ridiculous. With Ulta adding more and more companies I'll take my shopping there. 

I am so frustrated!

I was told I was off the wait list twice. The first time, I didn't see it until a few days later, so my spot was gone. Which is understandable. Today, I tried to join within hours of receiving my email, and as told my spot was gone. This is ridiculous! You would think that they would give someone 24 hours to respond. 

I have put off joining other month box subscriptions, because I amore interested in the Sephora one. 

I am VIP Rouge & spend a lot of money at Sephora, but am starting to think I should be spending my money elsewhere. This sounds like some sort of scam. I don't know anyone who has actually gotten off the wait list.

I am so frustrated!

I was told I was off the wait list twice. The first time, I didn't see it until a few days later, so my spot was gone. Which is understandable. Today, I tried to join within hours of receiving my email, and as told my spot was gone. This is ridiculous! You would think that they would give someone 24 hours to respond. 

I have put off joining other month box subscriptions, because I amore interested in the Sephora one. 

I am VIP Rouge & spend a lot of money at Sephora, but am starting to think I should be spending my money elsewhere. This sounds like some sort of scam. I don't know anyone who has actually gotten off the wait list. 

Same thing happened to me. Got an invitation then I get a message back on the wait list. Such crap considering the money I spend. Not very happy at all. Ipsy doesn't screw with people. Shame on you Sephora.

on the wait list for months, get an email saying I am off the wait list, only to be wait listed again! For the amount of money I spend at sephora, this is a little discouraging. 

It is extremely frustrating to get an email saying that I'm off of the waitlist (again)only to be once again waitlisted! I think I'll just stick with my Birchbox and Ipsy bag. I'm also going to shop elsewhere as much as possible. I see I m just one of many upset customers. No wonder why I didn't get a reply to the message I sent to "customer service" asking why did I get an invite, with a count down clock if I was just going to be waitlisted again. 

Upsetting customers in mass is not good business!

OMG I joined the wait list for the second time awhile back.  I just opened my email... Just 8 hours after I received the "You're off the wait list email" I click the link.  Now I'm back on the wait list... Yes, 8 hours can seem like a long time, but still.  This just proves there are less reservation spaces than emails they are sending out.  It's basic math folks.  This is just plain stupid... It's a good way to discourage customers from wanting to join their subscribing service.  I love you Sephora... but come on!

1,341 Replies
testing