Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Anonymous Insider

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

woohoo! makes you glad, I am glad for you, wonder what is to be in your first box also! 

Got my invite at 1:18, at 1:19 it says full! UGH!

Literally been waiting on this for MONTHS. Got my invite via e-mail, and signed in within SECONDS, and got waitlisted again. AND!! I live in the promotional area! WTF!!! This is SO disappointing. 

me too! im very upset now.

Received my invite and when I clicked the link to unlock my spot, it said all spots were full. Can someone let me know when this is resolved and when I can unlock my spot?! 

I just received my invite, and it says full.

So, I got my invitation in my email 12 minutes ago and there's no spots available.  WTF!

Anonymous Insider

That is crazy...may you not be discouraged, try again? Not sure how it works or wait.  Well, just the same wanted to encourage you and all who missed by a frogs hair split three ways...geesh, that is how tight it seems to get the PLAY box.  I figure I am so far down the line there is smaller chance I will get in...plus I just have a desk top...fancy but I can't take it with me where  ere I go.

Same happened to me 😞

Anonymous Insider

I received an invite at 1:18pm went to subscribed at 1:28pm and it said there are no spots. I've been waiting for months! 😞 so disappointed

1. i received my invitation but when i try to sign up, it tells me there are no spots open.  What's going on??

I just received my invitation (I'm in Wisconsin), but now I don't know if I should subscribe or not!

It's not that great.  I'm canceling mine.

The wait is killing me Sephora!!!!  My neighbor and sister have been invited!!!  Please choose me!!!

Where is the fu*king box sephora?

So here we are two months into 2016, still waitlisted since signups became available and no notice of when it will be fully launched. I get it takes time, but come on, at least give us an update!

Anyone know when this will hit Los Angeles?  Been waiting since the first rollout last summer.  Come on, Sephora, get it together!  

Any invites in Virginia?

I also signed up to be on a wait list in August 2015.  I have yet to be invited to join.  I have also signed up several times.  When?  When will it happen?  When is it going nationwide in 2016?  I feel the pain of so many of you.  It's hard to watch all of the unboxing videos knowing you have been trying for 6 months to get your hands on a box.

Anonymous Insider

I may age myself in saying...but I don't look or feel my age (Cher a generation one before me, Madonna, same generation).  Back in the day with not internet we had the drugstore and um....the drugstore.  Cover Girl was number one, still have some great items many like.

This seems like a large undertaking for Sephora and one they will choose their test markets as they say upon criteria so as to hone the marketing skills in the necessary direction.  Being no cable growing up, no cell phones (a call 50 miles away maybe 90 cents a minute), no internet either, and some things done on MTV or other shows, lyrics to music (Eagles were big as was FleetwoodMac, etc..), We never spent too much time on beauty, with a few exceptions like me...we had one mascara usu. and when used up, got another...now I have a stash.  

So odd the way 30 years can make a big difference.  I found play by way of a post and signed up...I think I would be a great candidate for a test market group.  As they say they go by various criteria in having those invitations to Play as it will be used for future marketing, advertising, a long list to go by I figure.  

If I get an invite or not  I still am thankful for whatever "perks" I receive when shopping. Back in the day we did not get those things so it's nice as it means someone is paying close attention to the needs of those who shop beauty products and doing their best to bring new innovative products to the market.  Compared to what I had when growing up to what there is now...it's come a long way.  Interesting also that what worked in the glam days of Rita Hayworth, or Betty Davis...is making a comeback also in returning to the roots of the Beauty industry and at the same time bring it up a notch.

So I wait to Play and if not it will be interesting to view those who do get to Play, hope to hear a word or so about the items they receive...that to me would be helpful in itself.  

So here I sit reading and thanks to all who have shared, given advice here on on the Sephora reviews, always find those to be helpful as I weigh the pros and cons.  It's a big biz and for the best, not cheap so for that I cheer!

Best to all, may you get you invites to Play!  I will be shocked if I do and if not, glad all the same for the choices I have.    ((hugs all!)) ~ LiveBeauty!

This is killing me. I've been waitlisted for what seems like ever (I've tried signing up on the site multiple times but keep getting the waitlist error). I have friends who signed up and were accepted immediately, so I'm not sure I understand the logic behind the waitlist. Also, I have had two separate friends who sent me "invites" when they received the request from Sephora to add friends to the program. In both cases I have not received anything at all from Sephora regarding the invite (I've tried searching spam as well). And yet other friends who were invited through that same process are now off the waitlist and getting product.

Have I somehow been blacklisted by Sephora? Please, take my money!

1,341 Replies
testing