Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

I've gotten two boxes and it seriously ends up being a highlight of the month for me. I have had my fingers crossed for an invite since the first whisper of a Sephora run box hit my ears last year. It sucks to wait but it will happen for everyone who wants in eventually I'm sure. And it'll be so worth it. I love all of the brands Sephora carries for the most part so I felt way more comfortable signing up than I did with any other service. Thank you again Sephora!!!

Thank you for adding me to the waiting list- been a long time Sephora customer as I know many others are and look forward to your boxes 🙂 I didn't even try early on! 

I've been a loyal Sephora customer for over 8 yrs. and every time I sign up to subscribe to the play! by Sephora beauty box it says there are none available and that they will add me to the waiting list. Well I've been on the waiting list since day 1 of it coming out and I still have yet to receive an email invitation!! My sister signed up for it the first day and got right in and we both have been loyal customers for the same amount of time!! I think this is very misleading on Sephora's part and I would think an expensive store like this would treat it's loyal customers better. I am very disappointed in Sephora for making me wait over a month on the waiting list for something I'm probably never gonna be able to get. I really hope someday I get off the waiting list because I'm getting sick of waiting!!!

Same! I signed up on the wait list in November!!! So frustrating!

Me too! This list has got to be longer than Santa's! I keep looking out for an email.......months and nothing!

ATTENTION SEPHORA! YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE A LOT OF LOYAL MEMBERS BECAUSE OF THIS. STEP UP YOUR GAME OR DISCONTINUE THIS PROGRAM. I ALSO AM A ROUGE AND IT DOESNT SEEM TO MATTER. I ALSO GOT AN EMAIL AND WHEN I WENT TO PLAY, IT NO LONGER WAS ACCEPTING ME. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

I love the fact that Sephora has a monthly sample box. What I do not love it that as a loyal member I can't just subscribe, pay the monthly fee and receive the box. Sephora customers willing to just pay for their subscription yet we're being denied the chance for it. Waiting list? I do not understand why? Sephora is a million dollar company and members are having to ask to be able to join a subscription.

Anonymous Insider

Other beauty subscriptions accept members right away. I am very surprised at Sephora, a store that a lot of women love and buy their products at. Can't understand why Sephora Play has to be different and turn members away who want so much to join. I feel Sephora is making a huge mistake in doing this and alienating a lot of people who will shop elsewhere and stub Sephora. Can not understand this. They are not treating their customers right at all.

I'm really irritated that this was not offered to Rouge customers first. It would have been a nice reward for being so loyal to Sephora. I am already Rouge for 2017 and annoyed that if it weren't for a beauty account that I follow on Instagram, I wouldn't have even known to sign up on the waiting list. Take care of your best customers! 

Agree. I am Rouge through 2018, but they cap you only one year in advance! Also, not much benefit for being Rouge other than free 2 day shipping. Birthday gifts are the same now. Really there is no benefit that you spend $1,000+ in a year at Sephora. Every once in a while, a free bag here and there or a delux sample. Ulta has stepped up their game in their offerings the past couple of years and I have found myself shopping there more and more as well as locally owned boutiques. Sephora is not treating loyal customers with any sort of care. I have had an account with Sephora since they hit the web and that goes back years and years. Ipsy does the monthly bag/box better bc I am guaranteed AND it is catered to my preferences. If Sephora took the time to customize their Rouge customers, that would really be something. Thanks for showing us we matter as loyal customers, Sephora.

Same here ladies.... I've gotten emails twice about the waitlist...when I go on its gone😓. I'm very displeased by this nonsense.

Anonymous Insider

I'm upset I waited a YEAR to get an invite so today I went to see what's up with the invites and found out they'd sent some out in April so in mySPAM box there it was... I was soooo excited to finally try PLAY! just to be added back on waiting list! UGHHHHH Icalled nasty cuz I'm pissed but they said "it won't put me back at bottom" somehow I can't believe it but hopefully I'll get another invite soon... If I gotta wait a year again eff it I'll stick to the several beauty bags and boxes I already have was hoping this would help me knock one or two off... To be continued....

Sephora Play was only first announced in August 2015 with the first box coming in September 2015 for select test markets only. I can definitely sympathise with being annoyed with what they are doing jerking people around with waitlist emails, but it hasn't been a year.

i'm bummed with sephora at the moment as well...as a VIB, i ocassionally get emails that give me a code for a really nice gift with purchase. i go place my order and they are out of the gift!!! as a VIB we get special gifts...how is it possible that every time i go to order the gift is out? i would think that possibly getting enough "gifts" to cover each VIB member seems reasonable, i spend a lot of money per year and many times i buy things JUST to have the perks and if i am not getting anything special i feel like sometimes just ordering from other beauty sites to get their offers. if it keeps happening to me i just might. i REALLY hope that when i get my email for PLAY that i don't have the issues you ladies seem to be having by them saying no more spots, i just might lose my sh@t, i've been waiting for this for what seems like forever! please sephora, get this right!!! please!

Don't feel bad @sinnersinc1, I am Rouge and have a hard time getting those promos as well. You are not alone. 😞

Same here. Exactly back on waiting list. 

Got an emai saying I was off the list as well, and when I logged on apparently my spot is already gone. why```

Anonymous Insider

Same situation.  Got the invitation, signed on and there are no spots available.  😞 

I received various email saying I was off the waiting list...inmediateley I logged, and the system pop up the same message.  There are no open spots available...

Ipsy sends to Puerto Rico, if we live here we know it takes a little bit more time for things to get here and we are perfectly fine with it. Thanks for reading.

Same complaint from me.

Other subscription boxes that have a wait list handle it perfectly.

I can't believe Sephora doesn't have access to the same software as Ipsy, for example.

The frustrating thing is our complaints don't really mean anything. The feedback from VIB's is pretty much ignored because we don't have any recourse.

1,341 Replies
testing