Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

I got an invite less than 30 mits back and the link didnt work. 

I got the email less than an hour ago (for the second time) and it did not work again.

Same thing happened to me! I got my e-mail slightly over an hour ago, and the spots have already filled up. 😕 This is the second time it's happened to me as well. 

Me too, this is getting ridiculous really. >_<

my link didn't work this is the second time it hasn't worked

Anonymous Insider

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining since there are so many people trying to get a subscription but I cancelled my Ipsy subscription to get the Sephora play and honestly I'm not very impressed. I received my first bag which was the May bag and everything is so small! With Ipsy you always got at least 2 full size products. Is the play box always just small samples, or do you get some full size products ever? I am going to wait till next month then I might go back to Ipsy.

I don't have Ipsy so can't relate there, but here's my view on Play and my first box in May.  The products you do get are the same as what are normally offered with promo codes requiring a $25 spend on Sephora. I'm a sucker for promo codes so getting five-ish of these a month for only $10 in one, so no $25 spend per code, is a win for me.  I also like the fact I'm getting brands I've heard of, even if it might not be full size.  I might not love everything but for a sampler box I think Play meets it's purpose pretty well and I'm thrilled to have finally got off the wait list. 

I am glad I am not the only one who wasn't impressed. I received my first box yesterday and was SHOCKED !! You are correct not one FULL size product. Tarte lip crayon thing is a JOKE !! Mask primer is a size of a sample PERFUME little bottle and those masks were in little packets? Lipstick and clogne I liked. Not being ungrateful, I know its only $10 but, still was expecting some deluxe size mask primer and masks not in PACKETS. I am going to wait another month too and will cancel my subscription 😞   

I felt like it was tiny too!!! Overall I'm happy, but the maskimizer seemed like a joke lol

So I noticed after I left a comment about my e mail invite not actually giving me time to sign up, I haven't gotten another e mail invite 😒. I'm thinking there will be no invites for anyone who questions the Great Makeup Goddess Sephora...lol

Anonymous Insider

I got an email that I was off the list, but I just found it in my JUNK MAIL...it was sent in april and now because it was sent to junk I lost out.  That makes me so sad, if your email ends in junk we shouldn't be penalized.

Anonymous Insider

Don't worry, you wouldn't have actually gotten a box anyway.

I'm a VIB Rogue member. Is there preference at all in getting the PLAY box?

No, there is no preference for Rouge members. 

First they had test markets. Then they had wait list sign ups for everyone else. The current subscribers were at one point able to invite one person. In the meantime, some people got off the wait list (while others still waited), and there was a short time where anyone could sign up (they did not notify those on the wait list first).  

So now there are still people waiting and some lucky people were able to squeeze in without being on the wait list. 

Apparently sephora is going to roll the program nationwide later this year to everyone. 

should I just forget Sephora and sign up for another subscription service. As a VIB Rouge member I would think I should get the chance to sign up versus someone that is not a loyal shopper.

I totally agree with you on this!  I thought the same thing.  As a rouge member, they should have given this a try to their most loyal members spending  $1000 + dollars annually.  This sounds like a hot mess.  I feel bad for people who were updating payment info n got back to wait list. Sephora needs to get their act together!  

I'm sort of torn with this. Yes this would have been a nice perk to offer Rouges as an extra benefit. Sephora didn't announce it that way, though and did a marketing test in targeted areas. Once they thought they had the kinks worked out, they expanded their market.

Obviously all the kinks were not (and have not) been worked out yet. Perhaps they need to look at the other subscription services to see how they enroll members or hired someone who is knowledgeable in this area. 

I don't really understand how your waitlist works. I signed up for the waitlist way back in October 2015. I have heard of people signing up and getting approved instantly in the last couple weeks. Why would you allow new people to join and receive the boxes, when you still have people sitting on the waiting list from the initial launch?

Anonymous Insider

Do we all get the same stuff in our play bag?

We do!

Anonymous Insider

I am just wondering how long it takes to actually see what's in your May box!!!???

testing