Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Anonymous Insider

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

I also have been experiencing the same situation. Received an email stating that i was off the waitlist and when i click on "subscribe now" it just takes me back to the exact page where i signed up to get on the waitlist. Major bummer for sure! 😞

I was invited but when I tried to subscribe, the message said I was on a waitlist.  I just ended one beauty subscription so I can join this one.  I'm totally bummed! 

Same w me  😞

I have tried everyday since I got my invite, even tried on different computers, but still get same rejection.  I think someone messed up and sent the invite to everyone who ever signed up.  

Anonymous Insider

I was super excited to try this too, but same thing happened to me too. Yall should try Ipsy its pretty great. Sometimes they have a waitlist but I was only on it for a short time and when notified that they had space for me to join I received my first glam bag that month!

I received an invitation by mail April 22, 2016 and when i clicked on it and entered my email address it said no spots available. Is this even a real program?? I never seem able to sign up. Now not even by personal "invitation". (!?!)

Same to me I got the invitation but there is no spot and still in the wait list 

Spoiler

I cannot sign up either... Has anyone been able to get a hold of customer service?

Same here. Says I'm off the waitlist but can't get a spot.

Very bad customer service Sephora . You'd think that you would sent out a mass email addressing we can't **bleep** sign up. Back to birch box or ipsy I go.

Anonymous Insider

Got my invite, saying I was finally off the waitlist and go to sign up and no spots left to claim? Now I am added back to the waitlist? 

Anonymous Insider

Received email that I had a spot, came to claim it and no go.

This is so annoying.

How many times to I have to come back to SPEND money??

Anonymous Insider

I am so PISSED OFF at Sephora. Why the HELL would a company send more invitations to a box then they actually have boxes available? I've been waiting over a year, since I first heard rumours of a box, then had to sit through the test cities, finally got my invitation BEFORE the box sold out and when I had the money to subscribe they decided to stick the middle finger in my face by not allowing me to sign up and according to the comments here, letting the box to be sold out. 

This just doesn't even make sense from a business point of view. If you had 100 boxes for example you wouldn't and shouldn't send out more than 100 invitations, that's common sense.

"Claim your spot. Once you’ve received an invitation from us to join." -Bullcrap

I think it's even MORE of a slap in the face that Sephora is remaining quiet on this issue. Where the hell is my email stating that you're aware of a problem, how you're 'so sorry' that I didn't get to join? Now I'm about ready to say F the playbox. I was excited to try your box so I could then buy the products from you, but not now. This is a bait and switch if I ever saw one.

Is Sephora even going to DO anything to make this right for the hundreds of costumers they've royally f-ed over?

Anonymous Insider

You are absolutely right!!!!!!!!

Ya it's bs, horrible business

Anonymous Insider

maybe if you tweet it to them!!!

Anonymous Insider

Have email invitation with 4 remaining days but says its full? 

Time to sign up for Birchbox.  I don't need to wait any longer...

I'm experiencing the same thing - the "invitation" via email with 5 days left to claim the spot that just "opened' for me.  And in reality, my email isn't recognized, it says there are no openings at all.  (I'm also VIB Rouge, though I doubt that helps any in this situation.)  Very disappointing and misleading.  

Why would you send me an e-mail telling me that I am off the waitlist when I really am not? That is really rude and now I don't even want to subscribe to this box. Terrible customer service and set-up of a subscription service.

Anonymous Insider

I literally just had the same issue as everyone else. I went to subscribe and was put back on the waitlist. Sephora should only send out as many invites as they have spots. Then once the time expires they should be able to invite someone else. That is how a waitlist works. After waiting a year, this was so disappointing! 

3 Replies
testing