cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! LUXE Vol. 4 is coming in hot

2019-play-luxe-vol-4-community-teaser-thread-2[2].jpg

Ready for some limited-edition luxury? Our PLAY! LUXE Vol. 4 box launches May 11, 2019, and it contains six samples from La Mer ($40 value!), SK-II, Yves Saint Laurent, and more. It’s a $108 value for just $25!

Which product are YOU most excited to try?

RE: PLAY! LUXE Vol. 4 is coming in hot

I received mine today.

Re: PLAY! LUXE Vol. 4 is coming in hot

Sephora deleted all the one-star reviews. I guess it’s good to know that the glowing reviews I see at Sephora online are not a good reason to buy a product, since the company manipulates the review process. I know it sounds sarcastic, but I really am glad that I can reduce the FOMO (and spending!) and just stick with tried and true. This looked like a fun little sample set, but I can just go in store & get samples if I want 😁

If they are removing reviews, they should also delete the positive reviews because anyone who got to order it has not received it yet. 

So weird...I am on the Sephora website or app at least once a day (not proud but it is what it is) and I never got a single notification about this box. Nothing in my inbox, no email, nothing on my home page—so had no clue it was even coming out. I cancelled my Play subscription a while back so don’t often check this group. I logged into the app tonight and had a new notification that this box was available (a notification which was not there earlier today—I was on the site this morning), clicked it, and saw it was OOS...and then found my way to this thread. What the heck? Seems like there were major fails on multiple fronts here—marketing, stocking, etc. Sephora is too large and profitable for this kind of thing to be happening. This plus the shrinking sizes of products in Sephora faves/play boxes, the major shipping delays, etc. make me wonder if there’s something fishy going on w this company’s finances or management...

Really Sephora? Sold out in seconds! Is it some kind of a glitch? Where do all comments on the product page disappear? Don't build the hype around something that comes out in extremely limited quantities.

So I know I have been coming in hot at Sephora about it being sold out in seconds, but I think they are releasing certain amounts in waves. I just randomly checked again a few minutes ago and was able to get one. 😧 Still not sure if it’s a fluke but it’s in my recent purchases and says it’s processing. Still sold out by the time I went back after my purchase but still. I would keep checking!

@Brittany815 good to know! It makes me feel less silly for madly checking all day.

Disappointed that I missed out on buying both Vol. 4 and Vol. 3 Play! Luxe boxes because they sold out so quickly. I think Sephora should only release Play! Luxe to actual Play! Subscribers to manage this limited inventory as a perk to people who actually support and buy-in to the Play! program.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: PLAY! LUXE Vol. 4 is coming in hot

Ditto on the disappointment. I missed 1, 3 &4 now (and am home 24/7) primarily due to one Sephora flaw or another. Couple that with my increasing disappointment on half of my samples in the monthly sub are half empty, and it makes me wonder if it's even worth the $10 when I can get another sub elsewhere for the same or a couple bucks more - and get more than a zip lock sandwich bag to store in. 

Or they should limit how many people get. I saw on the reviews for this bag that someone bought 10 of them in one purchase 🙄

I had it in my basket, too, and it went OOS before I could close transaction. So very not cool! Was looking forward to it. Will it come back in stock?

@Amakened wrote:
I had it in my basket, too, and it went OOS before I could close transaction. So very not cool! Was looking forward to it. Will it come back in stock?

I messaged the FB customer service after the midnight (2 AM central) out of stock nonsense and they messaged me at 9:23 PST that it was gone, but that I should keep coming back to see their future bags - which will undoubtedly have the same problems. I rarely shop at Sephora anymore, but I love a nice beauty box. It's just not worth it to shop at Sephora when there are so many other options available. 

OOS again. Had it in my basket and it went OOS during checkout.

@bookwyrmm wrote:
OOS again. Had it in my basket and it went OOS during checkout.

Me too. After I stayed up to get it midnight, it randomly reappeared only to go out of stock at checkout. If it was scheduled for a 9 AM release, they should have said that or at least had an app alert ahead of time. This was so disrespectful to the customers. 

It was scheduled to be released at 9am pst. It's now available.

Yes!

and this (all these complaints) would not happened if Sephora let us know the release time 😂

y’all are trippin! i just got it now!! they probably released it later because of what happened last time... think i’ll grab another while i’m at it!!

Has yours been shipped?

Has yours been shipped?

So I was totally bummed when I checked on the correct day and it was still OOS, and sounds like it has been since it went live. But then I remembered I just received the most amazing set from Ipsy Shopper. Yes, it was twice the price of the Play! Luxe, but it included 17 items, many of them full size, including the Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions palette and R+Co Neon Lights dry oil spray. Those two items alone are worth more than the cost. Ipsy admits this will sell out, but it has been available since May 1st and is still in stock, so they obviously planned enough. With so many other cosmetic sellers out there today, Sephora needs to stop playing games.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 2019-play-luxe-vol-4-community-teaser-thread-2[2].jpg
testing