Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

Hi PLAY'ers,

Exciting news to share! In an effort to make our monthly PLAY! DATES even more accessible and fun, we are looking to you to help us rethink the experience.

Reply to this post with your ideas and recommendations for what you want to see at your local PLAY! DATE.  This could be product types, activities, or time/date preferences. All ideas welcome! This is about you.

We'll be taking feedback though the end of October, so get your share on!

xoxo

Team PLAY!

Re: PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

I would love to see an actual a Play!Date at my local Sephora but unfortunately it's very small AND inside of the JC Penney at our "small" shopping mall (maybe this is the reason...??) They literally do not offer anything like this. Do not have classes. Or anything else. But there is one 20 plus miles away I would be willing to travel to (not like i haven't plenty times before 2 shop lol) bc they  do offer everything a normal Sephora would (if I'm even saying that right) I would love to be able to just get together and meet fellow beauty lovers, possibly have other samples for us subscribers that we didn't recieve in our bags. And just check out new make up and skincare and all just have a good time xo Brandi from VA. 

P.S. I also agree with most if not all of you beautiful ladies ideas! #Play!Date 

Anonymous Insider

I would like to do classes on:

• how to find the best skincare and what is right for your type of skin
  • how to find the perfect foundation or mix different foundations to find the right match
  • How to use and improve your eye makeup 
  • how to use lashes
  • How to contour and use makeup for different occasions 
  • best makeup remover
  • clean makeup brands that actually work

Anonymous Insider

I'd like to see more dates PERIOD. contour classes LASH BASHES. (TECHNIQUES)  LIP WEAR SEMINARS I NEED SOME HELPS WITH THE LINERS. Full face clean and pamper days info on how what we do eat expose to out bodies effects out beauty and THEM BROWS THEM BROWS TO I NEED HELP PLEASSE

Anonymous Insider

Btw gastonia ballentyne pineville I'll come to yall just lmk when and where sandralexiegreen@gmail.com 

I’d love to have more Play! dates in the store. Like maybe a little mini class on doing eyeshadow or contouring or how to deal with redness prone/sensitive skin or something like that. I live in Midland, TX. 

They have classes for all of that already in stores! You can look for the dates on their app

@SugarTitzzz wrote:

I’d love to have more Play! dates in the store. Like maybe a little mini class on doing eyeshadow or contouring or how to deal with redness prone/sensitive skin or something like that. I live in Midland, TX. 

Hi @NikkiNicole12,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward this feedback to our PLAY! Team for review and consideration. 

Best,
Rebecca 

RE: PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

Play! By Sephora does in fact need of huge makeover in the Marketing Structures that lack encouragement of customers to less likely to become more actively involved in promotions without the presence of provoking inspiring excitement. The Samples Offered with purchases are truly disappointing due to their pitiful very almost insulting embarrassing small amount size and makes it very unlikely for the sample recipient to purchase the actual full size product or give any kind recommendation to other Sephora Shoppers. Your Beauty Insider Rewards sets the bar unreasonably too high that brings strong feelings of increasing difficulty/frustration of actually reaching a level of qualifying to accrue enough points to be redeemed which leaves many Regular Loyal Sephora Customers with the perception that their continuing business unappreciated and undervalued.

I actually enjoy the sampling program. How it was explain...

I actually enjoy the sampling program. How it was explained to me is it gives you the opportunity to see if you have a reaction to the product. If not then you can purchase the product to truly be able to try it. If for whatever reason you don't like it then you can return it with your receipt gently used. Also the more you purchase you can use your points for more deluxe size samples.

Hi! I just became a PLAY! member 🙂 I would love to see some sort of great side benefit with the subscription, otherwise it doesn't compete with my ipsy, as ipsy gives really good coupons and deals for the beauty products in your bag. But Sephora has the potential to really connect with the subscribers since you have physical stores. So here's some ideas I have:

- Sell tickets (to avoid crowding) & hold master classes that are taught by beauty youtubers or instagrammers but the subscribers get free/discounted tickets and a goody bag at the event. This could even be collaborated with a brand. Or maybe subscribers get to go to the meet n' greet after - just something exclusive 

- Have monthly raffles for subscribers to get a free makeover in store 

- Every year on Black Friday Sephora has a line outside the doors before they open, so maybe let subscribers be able to enter the store an hour earlier than everyone else, let us get a first shot at the deals

Anonymous Insider

How about you actually schedule some Play! dates? I've literally been invited to one this year, and that's it. It was held in a Sephora inside JC Penny, which is already a cramped space. I am severely disappointed with how the Play! subscription service has gone downhill over the last year. I always looked forward to the cute bag, as I'm collecting them to patch together to make a bigger bag, but now they're sending a plastic zip top bag, that I literally threw in the recycling bin as soon as I got it. Why bother with the bag at all if it's just another throw away. There's already so much trash with all the packaging that the box really doesn't need any more.

Anonymous Insider

I would love to see best products to use for combination/dry skin and what weekly routines with products or facials needed to better hydrate, cleanse, and prep skin for best results. Although makeup is great, it is still hard to hide impurities so what’s the best way to keep the small bumbs and breakouts from growing and how to minimize. 

Anonymous Insider

You really don't need a Play! date for that. Just go in the store and ask a skin care associate for help. Make sure you're talking to someone who actually works there, as I know my store has regular visits from their brand reps. The brand reps are always going to try to sell you the product they're representing, so it's important to make sure the person you're talking to is employed by Sephora, so you're getting the best, unbiased advice. Hope that helps.

Hey! I just suscribe to PLAY! by Sephora I live in Guatemala and have a locker in Miami, so I wanted to know if I can use my PLAY! PASS where earn 50points with each purchase but online? If not im going to lose those points. Or can I accumulate those points and when I go to USA like every 4 months? Thank you

Anonymous Insider

The Play! pass can usually only be redeemed in store, tho...

The Play! pass can usually only be redeemed in store, though occasionally you can redeem them online. It will say on the pass itself. They expire at the end of the month following the month you got the box, which again is printed on the pass. You can only redeem one at a time, and there are only ever two that will be valid at the same time, so you won't be able to save them up and use them all at once. Read the back of your play pass for more details on how to redeem them.

Hi @BarbsMontejo! Unfortunately, the Play! Passes expire after one month and must be redeemed in-store.  Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause! 

I’d DESPERATELY love to have an event which focuses on those of us with sensitive skin! I have dry, sensitive, pink skin (not rosacea) and it seems that 99% of fad products have strong scents, or loads of ingredients that burn my skin! Please show me both skincare AND makeup for MY needs that still follow the fun trends and looks! Thank you (Orlando, FL is my nearest store) 

PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

I would like to see the Play Dates in more locations, I would like to see tutorials and product recommendations and/or assistance with developing a makeup routine that's easy to follow daily.

Please bring play dates to Honolulu! The closest Sephora location that hosts them is in California haha. It’s a bummer missing out on this perk because there’s not an accessible location for us in Hawaii.

DE3FFA1C-DBB2-465A-BFF1-0A7BC4F69304.png

RE: Re: PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

Agree
396 Replies
testing