cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! By SEPHORA Box Versions: Your Questions Answered

Hi PLAY! by SEPHORA subscribers,

Some of you have been wondering how we curate each of our boxes, so we wanted to let you know how it works!

Every month, our team of beauty experts determine a selection of products around a theme or trend. We then take these products and create different box versions. Because we want you to love all of the deluxe samples you receive, we then choose which version would work best for you based on the answers you provided in your PLAY! PROFILE. This way, the products you receive are appropriate for your beauty needs.

Still have questions about how we determine what goes into your PLAY! by SEPHORA box? We want to hear from you! Check out the FAQs and chat with us below.

Q: How does PLAY! by Sephora decide which products to send to subscribers each month?

A: PLAY! By Sephora curates a selection of products every month that align with a particular beauty theme or trend we’re loving. From here, we develop box versions – which vary based on different beauty preferences like skin tone and hair. Then, we target these box versions to each subscriber based on his/her PLAY! PROFILE. We always try and send you the box that we believe is best for you.

Q: What if I don’t like the products I received in my box?

A: If you’re not sure about why you received a certain product in your box, we encourage you to take your PLAY! PASS to your local Sephora and ask for a personal, one-on-one consultation with one of our Beauty Advisors. This is one of the many perks you get with PLAY!. In-store, a Beauty Advisor can help you find a similar or complimentary products. They will even make you a custom sample so you can try it out at home.

OR, if you can’t make it to a store, you can always call or shoot us an email us: 1-844-PLAY-HLP or playhelp@sephora.com.

Q: What is the PLAY! PROFILE and how do I update my information?

A: The PLAY! PROFILE captures your beauty preferences and concerns. We use your PROFILE answers to determine which box version is best for you each month. To update your PLAY! PROFILE, first go to My Account and then click on the My Information in left navigation. From here, you can your PROFILE information like hair type, skin concern, and skin tone.

Q: What if one of the products in my box is broken, damaged or missing?

A: If you have a problem with your box, you can always call our PLAY! phone extension at 1-844-PLAY-HLP or email us at playhelp@sephora.com. We’re here to help!

Re: PLAY! By SEPHORA Box Versions: Your Questions Answered

Hi @AshleyNM123 and @dylanwright123 !

Since you subscribed at the beginning of January, you should receive your first boxes in February.

I'm with another poster I wish there was a way in our profile to omit certain makeup products. I don't use lash products due to lash extensions so I'll be bummed if I get those products monthly....I'll have happy friends though 🙂 

AGREED!!!! Or at least choose between Lipstick and Lipgloss and preferred lip colors- why is that left off the profile?

Received December box, question on the Urban Decay Setting Spray. The PAO symbol on the bottle says 24M but the packaging it came in says 6M. Since it's such a big difference, some clarification would be of great help!

I am so so tired of getting red lipstick.  It's a waste because I'll never wear red lipstick.   Why can't you guys customize our boxes a little bit better??

Just received the Dec box. Sorry to say I find it incredibly uninspiring, boring and so been there done that. The people deciding what to put in the boxes need to step up the inspiration and choice of products. Sephora is becoming more and more disappointing regarding too many things lately and the dec box is kinda the straw breaking the camels back. Yet another sample of Elizabeth and James Rose, yet another Lancôme mascara, yet another red Sephora brand lipstick. Why is it ALWAYS red?  Between boring boxes, rewards that discriminate against those of us that can't sit glued to our computer to get a shot at one of 176 Hourglass rewards or 44 UD rewards you are offering, while the unlimited rewards are always the same each mo, rarely changing, to the benefits of being a rouge customer basically non-existent ( I have yet to receive even one extra sample in an order and I've been rouge since you started it, let alone ever sent anything extra to try as I see others are). There are many options today for my makeup dollars and although I have been loyal to Sephora for a very long time, it seems as though you guys are purposely trying to alienate your best customers. I just don't get it. 

I'd have to agree, I've yet to see the perks of being a Rouge member.......🤔😔 And this is my second year. Maybe it's time to start finding other places to spend the money which saddens me I love sephora, but I'm not feeling loved back. Half the time the samples I select in my order don't even come with my order.....the rewards are usually repetitive and redundant, or lately slim pickings. 

I agree with you. I don't see the benefit of being a Rouge member either. I've been one for 3 years now. My daughter has been shopping at Ulta and loves it. She actually gets cash in store to spend.  She keeps telling me to switch. Between the Play and Rouge I'm becoming very disappointed in Sephora lately.  

why doesnt the preview work for the december play box?

Anonymous Insider

My box has already shipped, when will I find out what's in it?

how many different versions of each month's box are there? does it vary by month?

Hello,

I subscribed and paid on 11/29/16. Will I receive a box in December and if so, when?

I subscribed and submitted payment info then received a message after completion of the subscription that said my items wer out of stock ? I just want to know if I successfully made it to the waiting list? I haven't received an email either? 

I just cancelled mine. Hopefully it will give someone a slot. The products are not worth $10 in my opinion. 

I just got my first box, and I have to say that I am truly unimpressed with it. I'm better off getting deluxe samples with my VIB status. I will give it one more month. 🙁

Anonymous Insider

this is so depresssing ive held on a longggg 16 months but im going to have to let go of sephora. its a one way street. I loved you:(

Anonymous Insider

How come I was invited last month and link never worked! I've been  on wait list for over year!! I still have hope

Anonymous Insider

If you email them directly and tell them that they will open a slot for you. That's what happened to me. 

Hi, I was billed for the box on the 2nd but never received anything and have no tracking or shipment info on my profile. Please advise on when the box will arrive!

The foundation I received doesn't match my skin tone what do I do? 

Hi LiliH57, 

Sorry for any confusion! Your payment is processed the 1st - 4th and your box ships around the third week of the month. You will receive an email with your tracking once your order ships. You can expect your box to be delivered within 1-3 business days of the 20th. Thanks for your patience! 

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna
2 Replies
testing