cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Sebaceous Hyperplasia

Hi friends!

I was wondering if anyone else is dealing with Sebaceous Hyperplasia here and what has helped you. I am 29 and have had quite a few of these pesky bumps show up just over the last year (confirmed by two dermatologists). I'm pretty sure no one other than me notices them, but they are driving me crazy since I know they will never go away on their own. I have a dermatologist appointment to cauterize the existing ones next week. I know that they might come back after that anyway. I don't know how to prevent more from happening. I've tried Paula's Choice Resist BHA but it hasn't really helped. As far as I can tell, it's usually older people who get them, so anyone else out there my age dealing with this? I did search earlier threads but there are few and they are mostly old.

Any advice? Anything that's worked for you? Any hope in managing this successfully? Thanks!

Re: Sebaceous Hyperplasia

@Haligh  Hey. I just wanted to let you know that I think I have this too. I have a couple spots around my right eyebrow. I'm 24 years old. I think it occurred shortly after an eyebrow wax, not sure if it was directly from a breakout or what happened.. but it's like these small textured areas. I'm thinking I might try chemical exfoliation (like FAB radiance pads or DDG pads) to see if that makes them better or not. I'm also going to book an appointment with a dermatologist. Had no idea this was a thing until I read your post. 

Let me know if you find anything that works for you!

Re: Sebaceous Hyperplasia

Thanks, will do!! And I hope that's not what you have 😞 But let me know if you also find any good recommendations. Thanks!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing