Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Oily skin moisturizer help

I’m torn between two products for a moisturizer

the BELIF - The True Cream Aqua bomband the OLEHENRIKSEN Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

i have super oily, acne prone skin, scarring and large pores/blackheads/uneven texture.

which of these would be best, or is there something that will work better?

do I even need a moisturizer?

Re: Oily skin moisturizer help

First, even oily skin needs a moisturizer! If you don't use a moisturizer then your skin will simply produce more oil.

I've used the entire Ole Henriksen Counter balance line and it worked great for my oily acne prone skin. The cleanser does have a minty feel so be careful if you have sensitive skin. I'd try their starter/travel kit to see how it works for you.

OLEHENRIKSEN - Balance It All™ Essentials Set

I like PERRICONE MD - H2 Elemental Energy Hydrating Cloud Cream and  CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet when my skin is super oily, now I'm more combo/oily I only use them during summer time.

Hi @CalleyH ,

I love the Belif Moisturizer. I have found that wearing moisturizer has helped my oily skin. The reason your skin is oily is because of the lack of moisture in your skin. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I also struggle with oily skin! I absolutely love Dr. Dennis Gross's Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion! Its oil free and goes on very thin and absorbs quickly and packs a heavy hydration punch! Also, in the mornings i use Shiseido's Urban Oil-Free sunscreen after my morning routine! It goes on very thin without that sunscreen smell. Plus it dries matte and absorbs excess sebum! I apply the sunscreen in the am and when I get home from work my face is still matte! no more oil! Now for the large pores/blackheads (GIRL SAME) I have tried EVERYTHING with manual extraction really being the most effective until recently. I tried AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder and I will buy this product for the rest of my life. Its been about three months now and I still have 1/4 of the bottle left. It has drastically reduced the appearance of my pores. I went from doing a manual extraction once a week to once a month! It's honestly a game changer. I even noticed a significant improvement in my skin tone and texture! I have never use a cleanser that left my skin so clean and soft feeling without feeling stripped. 

AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42 1 oz/ 30 mL

I swear by all three of these products (plus a retinal night serum / vitamin c am serum) Its worth a shot! Good Luck!

p.s. YES you do need a moisturizer 🙂

-James R

Hi @CalleyH - Even oily skin needs moisturizer! So I'm not big fan of Olehenriksen products and Belif is just ok. Here are a couple other moisturizers for oily skin that I would highly recommend -

BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer

SHISEIDO - WASO: Color-Smart Day Moisturizer Oil-Free SPF 30 Sunscreen

PROACTIV - Daily Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing