Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily skin?! Help?!

Ok so I've always thought that really nothing will cure my glazed donut forehead. I never wear makeup because I will always get oily after a few hours. I'm even wearing the new fenty foundation with a sample of fenty primer and I still got a little bit oily. Turns out it was my skincare routine that I'm doing completely wrong. Apparently from one of the Sephora consultants, I should never mix and match my cleansers, my toners, and my moisturizers which I have been doing for a few years AND I'm using way too many mattifying and oil stripping skincare products. That's when I need you ladies to come in. She helped me start off with the glow recipe blueberry bounce gentle cleanser and the dr. Jart water drop hydrating moisturizer. Just in case if I run out and this doesn't work for me, please recommend me some cleansers and some moisturizers that would be perfect for me.

Re: Oily skin?! Help?!

Being an oily skin girl I used to break out horribly and my face was always greasy. I started washing my face with only one brand which is Clinque and that has decreased my oiliness a lot. If your current routine doesn't work check out this beauty guru https://m.youtube.com/user/nikkiajoy she does most of her videos on oily skin. 

Re: Oily skin?! Help?!

Hey! I sooo feel you. What I think you could also do is focus on hydrating your skin. Often times, we strip our skin with so many mattifying products, and our skin over produces sebum in order to save itself. I would suggest the blithe crystal iceplant pressed serum. Generally, I think gel moisturizers are amazing for oily skin, but this pressed serum is better than others because its a combination of a serum AND a moisturizer. This saves you a step, but it also has ingredients that will soothe and brighten your skin. It's a win-win! ( i also agree with Carobucio, Nikia is AMAZING!)

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing