Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily-friendly foundations??

So, I'm in the process of trying to find a good med-to-full coverage foundation. Something lightweight with a bit of a natural finish. I've tried Fenty, and cannot deal. Every color I thought was my match, eventually oxidized horribly on me. I tried MUFE Matte Velvet, but those colors ran too yellow for me (a neutral undertone gal). I was recently looking into Huda Beauty's faux filter foundation, but kinda skeptical. Help??

Anonymous Insider

I've tried and liked Too Faced born this way, never had a problem out of that one I usually forget setting powder but always use setting spray and it was fine. and Revlon 24hr color stay for oily/combination skin, the only thing about that one is I HAD to use a setting powder or it would melt off.

Re: Oily-friendly foundations??

Hi @Julez98,

I am a big fan of the COVER FX - Power Play Foundation. It really keeps you matte all day, does not feel heavy on the skin and finding a shade match is pretty easy! 

I also love the LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation. It is long wearing and provides great coverage. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hey there! I'm the same as you and I purchased the DIOR - Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in July and it's PERFECT. It has the right amount of coverage while remaining on my face even in the hot southern humidity. I really love the natural finish without leaving me ashy or dewy. I would highly recommend this product! It does not oxidize on me too much, or any that I find. It's a perfect match for my skin tone as well as under tone! 

Hi @Julez98

I would suggest trying Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel. It gives sort of a natural finish and it actually oxidizes almost instantly after touching the skin so you'll be able to tell right away. It is buildable so you can get your medium to full coverage as well. My face is oily all over and this foundation keeps it at bay for a good 8-12 hours! 

I have not yet tried Huda Beauty's foundation, but the one I used before Estée Lauder was LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation and I was not very satisfied...my skin was shining brighter than a diamond within 4-6 hours of applying! Hope this helps love 🙂

@Julez98  I just read on Dermstore's blog that they have a list of their favorite seven foundations for oily skin (the blog article also has some application tips, etc., so it might be worth reading.  If you go to Dermstore's site, they have a tab at the top for their blog; click onto that and the article will be near the bottom of the first page you come to.)

Here is their list: (I'm sure they included brands they sell.)

1. Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15- I have this one and like it, even though I have dry skin.  The coverages lasts well.

2. Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation with SPF 25

3. By Terry Cover Expert Fluid Foundation SPF 15- This one is heavily scented, but pretty.

4. Becca Cosmetics Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme

5. Oxygenetix Oxygenating Foundation Acne Control

6. Vichy Dermafinish Corrective Fluid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 30

7. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation 

@Julez98 I’ve been testing the Too Faced peach foundation this week and I love it. Its the best matte foundation I’ve found and it looked just as good at 9pm as it did at 7am. TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation – Peaches and Cream Collection

Hi @Julez98,

I'm an oily girl myself and always looking for the next best foundation. I've started to use the LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation, it provides great coverage, bendable and looks great on the skin! I've found that this foundation really stays throughout the day and I don't seem to get too oily as well. I hope this helps! 🙂

Warmest regards,

Helen

This one is great. I'm also a huge fan of the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte. 

I've tried a ton of foundations. I've recently been using Cover Fx "Power Play" foundation. It was recommended to me by a Sephora employee. It does not oxidize. It also lasts me for about 9-10 hours (without a primer). It set the foundation with their translucent powder. Those two work wonders together! Hope this helps!

Estee lauder double wear !!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
testing