Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Oily face no makeup

Anyone's face gets oily just from having on moisturizer for a couple hrs ? Any suggestions to prevent that ? 

Re: Oily face no makeup

@fran327 I use oil blotting sheets religiously!  I'm sure there's a better way to get at the source of the problem - but this provides a quick fix!

I have really oily skin as well. You gotta have a skincare routine for your skin type, that will help control your oils. I recommend the Clinique 3 steps line for oily skin, I've been using it for over a week and I'm telling you... it's a game changer. Just remember, its impossible to get completely rid of your oils, I know it's kind of annoying but just embrace it. If you get too oily just blot! 

RE: Oily face no makeup

Have to keep looking for a moisturizer that will work for you. I find if you don't moisturize on a regular basis morning and night your face thinks that you need more moisture which is when your face gets really oily. It seems like why would I need to moisturize when I already have all this oil over my face but i your skin is begging you for a moisturizer!!

@fran327 Do you know your skin type? Why moisturizer are you using? If you can, try to wash your face and don't put anything on it. After an hour or so, your skin will tell you it's type. Then, look for skincare that is made specifically for that. If you get shiny without anything, you have oily skin. If you feel tight and uncomfortable, it's dry. Or, you may find it's some sort of combination. Also, what other skin care products are you using? 

You might be using a too heavy moisturizer. Cream based moisturizers tend to make oily skin worse. I find that water based gel moisturizers and face oils work the best.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing