Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Makeup forever foundation

Hello,

I am wanting to try one of the Makeup Forever Foundations,

I'm not sure what will work with oily/ acne prone skin.

help!!

RE: Makeup forever foundation

I tried the makeup forever ultra HD foundation and it was so oily on me it had wiped off by the end of school. It didn't work for me very well but I think with the right type of skin it could look great. I also love their color range!

RE: Makeup forever foundation

I recently tried the make up forever HD foundation and it made me super oily. I haven't been that oily in a while. I still want to try more of their foundations.

Re: RE: Makeup forever foundation

I have fair, oily skin and live in AZ. The Sephora representative recommended the HD foundation based on my skin tone, and my face showed oil quickly after applying.  I still continued using it because of the color match.  That being said, this week I found a video for autumn makeup with two lipcolor options by Joanna Storrer (Simply Redhead) on YouTube, and tried following her order/method of putting on makeup after using Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel Cream (moisturizer) and Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Base (primer, which I bought for its treatment/SPF in one, not for matte quality).  I tried to use less of the foundation overall. The last week I have seen a huge improvement in oil production on my face lasting well into the evening. I haven't needed to use oil blotting sheets or a ton of extra powder to compensate.

Sorry that was so long. I just wanted to be specific for you. Overall, I would say that reducing the number of skincare products on my face and application method has probably made the most improvement. I'm sure that a variety of more mattifying products could even improve the result.  These are just the products I'm trying at the moment.

Best of luck!

Re: Makeup forever foundation

If you have a store nearby, I would get a sample made of their velvet mat+ foundation, and the Ultra HD Invisible cover stick foundation. Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing