Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Makeup for Oily Skin - help!

Advice please. I haven't worn makeup since March 2020 and I'm attending a wedding this July. I bought Bare Minerals loose powder foundation, but I haven't used it yet. Suggestions for primer, application brush, and or finishing spray are most welcome. 

My skin care regime includes: 

The INKEY List
Niacinamide Oil Control Serum - AM & PM

Caffeine eye cream - AM & PM

Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Toner - PM only

Retinol Anti-Aging Serum - once a week PM only

Twice Daily cleanser is OLEHENRIKSEN: Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser

I've been using these products since February 2021. I've noticed my skin is clearer, but OILIER, especially in the t-zone area.

Please help! 🙏

Re: Makeup for Oily Skin - help!

Hi!

I'm a fellow oily skin sufferer, so I feel your struggle!

The products that have made the biggest impact for me makeup-wise is make up forever step 1 mattifying primer, the fenty blotting powder Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Invisimatte Instant Setting + Blotting Powder 0.3 oz/ 8.5 g and powder foundation, there isn't a specific powder foundation that stops my oil better than others, so your bare minerals should help! I like the urban decay all nighter matte setting spray. Urban Decay Mini All Nighter Ultra Matte Setting Spray 1 oz / 30 ml I've tried regular all nighter setting spray, but I find that it just sped up my oil production. 

Switching to a better moisturizer also helped me, I tried all kinds of moisturizers but found the one that made the biggest difference was the drunk elephant protini polypeptides Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

Hope this helps!

Re: Makeup for Oily Skin - help!

@BorgRena It's possible you're noticing more oiliness because of dryness caused by the moisturizer, retinol, and the glycolic acid. I'd consider reducing use of the glycolic acid to three or four times a week. And if you're happy with the OH moisturizer, you may want to consider adding in a hydrating toner or serum to help keep your skin's moisture barrier balanced. That will help keep the oil in check. 

As far brushes for the bare minerals foundation, I was always a fan of a kabuki brush with it. I have one from bare minerals themselves but it's from years ago and I'm not sure if they still sell it? It Cosmetics brushes at Ulta has a few options though and you may also consider the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #70. My favorite primer is BECCA Cosmetics Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer but Smashbox also has some great options available. And for finishing spray, I tend to use Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray but have heard some great things about the Charlotte Tilbury Mini Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 1.1 oz/ 34 ml 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing