Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Humid Weather + Oily Skin + Foundation Routine = ?!

Most people have it broken down to a science of what works best with humid weather [like here in Hawaii] & makeup. What are your different ways you prep your skin? Which products work for you? Sorry if there's a discussion on this already. Haven't thoroughly explored this group.

RE: Humid Weather + Oily Skin + Foundation Routine = ?!

I live in the Middle East where it's hot AND humid! If i need to be outside for any length of time I reduce my skincare to toner + mattifier/hyaluronic acid + tatcha water gel. Then I use a mattifying sunblock from Shiseido. I skip the primer because the more stuff you have on the face the more likely it is going to slide off. Next step is a light base like Glossier skin tint or Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer. I'll use a luminizer under the eyes instead of concealer. Eyelid primer is a must as is waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I will set the face by patting the powder in with a fluffy powder brush. To seal it all in I swear by UD de-slick. Love the all-nighter too!

Re: Humid Weather + Oily Skin + Foundation Routine = ?!

Hi, guys!

Brand new here, and I'm soooo glad I saw this post board.

My makeup schedule when I know it'll be a humid day is doing a detoxifying mud mask or a mattifying mud mask. That's always my number one step. Hands down.

I then just make sure I moisturize like normal, and that's with the Nivea for Men aftershave for sensitive skin.

Following that routine:

-Dr. Brandt, Pore Filler patted onto the pores (you only need a small amount, and because it's expensive, you can get a sample at the store)

-MIX!! Benefit POREfessional Matte Rescue Invisible Finish Mattifying Gel and Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (I've found this is the best mix for me, and I am NOT a combo face, but an oily face. Let that dry by waving a paper or something to speed up the drying process.)

-Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, and I BUILD THIS, not just go in with full coverage from the get go.

-Airspun Loose Translucent Powder to bake and set, and I mix that with the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Powder. I bake with the Airspun, then wipe using my foundation power, but I'll set my face using that foundation powder as well.

-Dose yourself in Urban Decay De-Slick like it was going out of style!! I do what Nikki does and do half my face and dry, then the other half and dry, then full face and dry.

This has kept me matte for at least 8 hours, especially at night when I go out.

Have a great day!

@Laania. I am so glad you're here!  Fabulous tips!   I have not tried a mattifying mask in the morning, but will have to give it a try!   

Also, have you trie UD De-Slick setting spray?    It seems to work betterbfor me than All-Nighter - Just curious what you think. 😊

@mikakobeauty  You've gotten some greatbtips here!  I don't have much else to add, except to not forget eyeshadow primer - UD Primer Potions are my favorite! Good luck!  😘

The title of my post explains my entire life! I also live in Hawaii and when I'm working and having to run around in our sorta-air-conditioned office I get so much more oily than any other day that I'm not working. I've been using the benefit porefessional primer + Bare Minerals BarePRO liquid foundation and that seems to be working pretty well for oil control. After reading gleaming reviews I tried the Laura Mercier setting powder and it actually made me more oily than on the days I didn't have time to do a full face...that could just be me though....which is what the worker at sephora told me. I have been using the Kat Von D loose setting powder and like it so far but it is a little too heavy to try to bake with so I normally just use a powder brush to apply it.

i really love primer water right before foundation and i...

i really love primer water right before foundation and i blend them on my face, foundation brush then fingers. if you set wit powder use a silky fine translucent one with a good size powder brush. dust lightly 🙂 this melts nicely if its just too humid.

When I know it's going to be miserable out (I'm from the South), I tend to do the following:

• Wash face with a foaming cleanser
  • Use an AHA/BHA toner from CosRX
  • Use a BHA exfoliant
  • Sunscreen if I'm going out
  • Becca's Ever Matte primer
  • Becca's Ever Matte foundation or Hourglass Immaculate foundation
  • Loose powder pressed onto my skin with a Beauty Blender

I havent 100% nailed it but this is my favorite combo so far! Soap and glory's one heck of a blot primer. Lancome teint idole [or i'll use maybelline matte fit me]. It cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer or tarte shape tape. Elf loose setting powder. I do bake the areas I sweat most. And the cover fx mattifying spray. As for eyes I have been using the makeup forever aqua xl paints. Theyre amazing but kinda tricky to work with! I use the stila stay all day liquid eyeliner. For brows any pomade works for me!

i haven't found a perfect routine either BUT one thing is a must : urban decay de slick setting spray!

I agree!  @gks90  UD De-Slick is my holy grail!    😊

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing