Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Good coverage BB/CC cream recs for oily skin

So here's my deal: I love the coverage of foundation (especially because I'm prone to hormonal acne breakouts and I have red acne scars on my cheeks and chin), but I hate the way it feels on my skin, I hate how long it takes to apply, and I hate how unnatural it looks on me. Ideally, I would love to switch to a bb or cc cream that I can apply with my fingers and finish off with a setting powder and setting spray. However, I have extremely oily skin, gigantic pores, and acne/acne scars, and I've never believed that there was a bb cream that would give me decent coverage and didn't just slide off my face within an hour. 

I'm looking for a bb/cc cream with good coverage, and isn't going to make me look like an oil slick. And if that doesn't exist, are there any tricks to making bb cream last longer. I already use Dr. Brandt's Pores No More primer, Laura Mercier's setting powder, and Urban Decay's De-Slick oil control setting spray. Are these okay, or are there any other products that would be better prevent bb cream from becoming too oily?

Thanks for any help you can send my way!

Re: Good coverage BB/CC cream recs for oily skin

I lean pretty oily.  My go-to BB cream is the Dr Jart Premium.  I can set it with the LM loose powder, but I prefer the MUFE HD Ultra powder (pressed).  I know you aren't looking for foundation, but just wondering if you've tried Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour or Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear?  I never have to worry about face melt with these and both are easy to apply. 

Good luck!

Re: Good coverage BB/CC cream recs for oily skin

Hi karleejeign!

I have sensitive combo/oily skin and used to use BB/CC creams but I never found one that didn't make me more oily.  I too thought that foundation on me didn't look good, that's until I discovered that I could apply it using my fingers or a stipling brush.  I currently use either Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (but this does make me a little oily if I don't set it) or MAC's Studio Fix (this one hardly make me oily).  I apply both with my fingers.  I dot my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead (so I use a very small amount) and I blend it in with my fingers.  It gives me a light coverage and looks very natural.  It gives me the same look that my old BB/CC creams used to give me.  I then set it with powder.  I also learned from Wayne Goss that if I press the powder into my skin instead of brushing it on, it makes a huge difference and will help my skin stay matte for much longer.  I hope this is helpful!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing