cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Foundation/bb/cc cream - Oily skin

Hello All,

I need your help deciding which foundation/cc cream I should opt for my extreamly oily skin.. I have been researching for the last few days to decide such one to buy.. But I can't make up my mind. So the things to keep in mind:

- I have extreamly oily skin. Once I step outside my house after getting ready my skin gets immediately oily (without any makeup/product)

- I'm a lazy person, hence I cannot go through a full beat face.. This is for daily office & casual weekends. My new daily routine will be, primer (maybe), foundation, a Lil contour (maybe) setting powder, eyebrows, eyeliner, kohl n lipstick, setting spray (maybe).

- I stay in a very very humid place (India)

- I live in a country where there is no much of options when it comes to make up (EG. No kvd, no IT cosmetics, no too faced, no tarte etc) so I can't go for sample or color check (have to pray it matches my Mac shade)

- did my research and shortlisted between lancome tient, 24 hour foundation & maybe the IT cosmetics cc cream (both seems good.. But have no clue) So please su please anything else or any of the above 

- coverage wise I'm ok with medium coverage.. Just it shouldn't look cakey or like an oily mess

- lastly it should be light weight and comfortable since I work for close to 10-11 hours per day

So taking into account of the above factors.... Please help a forever glazed donut.. Oh n I'm 28 years old (if that helps in any way)

If you are reading this, thank you!!!! 

Re: Foundation/bb/cc cream - Oily skin

A little bit of IT cosmetics CC cream... that's the one I use, its great. BUT if your skin is oily and also live in a humid place, you will absolutely have to set it with a powder. IT CC cream has great coverage, but it doesn't dry down matte. So if you don't set it with powder, it will start to slide around. And I'm guessing it might make you oily faster during the day than something else that's more matte. 

The One and Done by Urban Decay someone mentioned is a good option if you are looking for a more sheer coverage. It feels really lightweight which might be a good option living in a humid place like India. The only thing is, at least for me, its AT MOST medium coverage if I apply extra layers. Bu if you have good skin, a more sheer coverage is going to be fine. 

If you have oily skin, you probably want bb/cc cream that dries down more matte. Try Dr Jart bb cream. I haven't used it for a while ( due to I'm always buying foundations/bb/cc creams)... but I remember it has pretty good medium coverage and dries down a bit more matte than other bb/cc creams I've tried. 

Try the “one and done”. I have the pickiest skin ever. I use that and prime before w smashbox ourple primer. And set w loose powder. Best I have tried so far and I have tried sooooo many.  Good luck

Have you ever considered a powder foundation?  I like Bare Minerals matte powder foundation.  If you don't have access to that, Mac does have powder ones, but I've never tried any of theirs.  A powder formula can help with the oiliness.  And they don't all look cakey just because they're powder.  And since you want a minimal routine, you won't have to set a powder foundation with another powder.  If you prefer liquid, I would go with the Lancome because it has less spf.  The spf can make skin look greasy sometimes.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing