cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Foundation Breaking Up Around Nostrils

Hello Everybody!

I'm having a struggle with my foundation/concealer breaking up around my nostrils. I have combo/oily skin but it leans more oily on the t-zone. My skin used to be a lot oilier, but after taking birth control pills for about a year, the oil production has gone down just a bit. My current makeup situation is really frustrating because after about 2-3 hours, the makeup around my nose/nostrils starts pilling up and separating, making that area visibly red. My current face products are: Neutrogena Hydroboost gel moisturizer, Smashbox pore minimizing primer, Estee Lauder double wear foundation, Tarte Shape Tape concealer, Laura Mercier translucent setting powder, and (occasionally) Urban Decay Setting Spray. 

I've tried various other products and techniques as well to try to remedy this situation but nothing seems to work. Other products I've used are the Milk Hydro Grip Primer and the Coverfx Gripping Primer. I've tried applying a small layer of translucent powder before foundation and nothing. I've tried using eyeshadow primer on my nose, and nothing. No product or technique that I've used has helped prevent my foundation/concealer from breaking up around my nostrils. 

So my question is do you guys have any tips or advice or recommend any products to help this situation?? Please help a girl out! Any tip helps!!

RE: Foundation Breaking Up Around Nostrils

I had the same issue but I started spraying my setting spray after my primer before foundation and it has worked well so far. It has only been two weeks but I have noticed a difference. Hope this helps!

Re: Foundation Breaking Up Around Nostrils

I have heard of a technique where you use your concealer on your nose before foundation to help it last.  Also, maybe try a different primer like Guerlain Meteorites or MUFE Mattifying primer! Hope these tips help you! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing