Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Cleansers

Hi I’m wondering if I should use a salicylic acid in a cleanser since I’m oily dehydrated cause I have pores and blackheads would it be too harsh? Or should I just use a hydrating one and just keep the bha product as a toner or a serum,  or something I just put on areas of concern. Cause I read that cleansers just get washed off leave ons probably better???  

thanks

Re: Cleansers

Hi @goddess82 ! To treat blackheads, and if your skin's not super dry and flakey (which could signal a broken skin barrier), you can absolutely use a salicylic acid (BHA) cleanser. Just don't use it daily. Use a hydrating cleanser most of the week and alternate it 1-3 times a week with a BHA cleanser. To get the most out of any BHA cleanser, you'll have to let it sit on your face for a minute before rinsing it off. This gives the BHA time to do its job. A couple of Sephora-sold BHA cleansers to consider are Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Acne Cleanser 6 oz/ 177 mL and The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml . 

Or, you can go the leave-on BHA exfoliant route. Again, don't use it more than 3 times a week. All my favorite BHA exfoliants are made by Paula's Choice. Most folks love Paula's Choice Mini Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 1 oz/ 30 mL . Also consider The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . If your skin's fairly sensitive, you might prefer to use a BHA cleanser. 

Thank you I’ll look into those ❤️

If you think you have dehydrated skin, I’d recommend cutting out any product meant for “oily” or “acne prone” skin. Depending on how much time/effort you’re willing/able to put in to figuring out which products work for you, I’d start with super basic cleaner, moisturizer, SPF to give your skin a chance to reset and heal. Using minimal products will let you see how your skin actually reacts on it own, then you’ll have a better idea of it’s true condition. A few straight forward cleanser I have used and enjoy are Caudalie Vinoclean Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil 5.0 oz/ 150 mL, philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser, Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mL, a couple of moisturizers you should check out are belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb, MILK MAKEUP Vegan Milk Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 48 mL, and I’m totally devoted to Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing