Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Best Makeup for Oily acne prone skin

Hi guys!  SO im having trouble finding what would be the best choice in makeup to keep my oily skin at bay and not contribute to a potential breakout. Im a makeup minimalist and I don't like the feeling of too much or heavy makeup on my skin. If you guys have any suggestions for cover-up, powder, primer or foundation I would so much appreciate it ! thx!!  

Tags:

Best Makeup for Oily acne prone skin

I agree with the cover fx mattifying primer in green. it has salicylic acid in it to help fight break outs. just be sure to let it soak in a god bit before going straight on with makeup.

RE: Best Makeup for Oily acne prone skin

I have very oily and sensitive acne prone skin, and have found that this foundations collects oil at the surface and being to feel like A THOUSAND POUNDS! Awful and makes your pores look so much larger than they actually are

So what I WOULD 10/10 recommend is the smashbox 15 hour wear PAIRED with the cover fx mattifying primer (green and white tube). I didn’t think the foundation would work for me at first because it does not claim to be mattifying, but I have never found such an excellent combo!! TRUST ME!!! U will never turn back
Anonymous Insider

I would highly recommend the two faced comfort matte foundation from the peach collection. It works for oily skin, and doesn’t feel heavy at all.

Re: Best Makeup for Oily acne prone skin

I have the same skin type, and the biggest thing you can do is use skincare to combat your oil. Try using an oil, contrary to popular belief that they cause breakouts, oils can actually make your skin believe it does not need to produce more oil, and make it produce less oil. Similarly, if you dry it out and don't moisturize it enough, it will get more oily. A lot of people think they have oily skin, but it is really just dry and it produces oil to make up for the lack of moisture. If you are looking for some other products, I would recommend the Sunday Riley Martian Toner. It's hefty price tag is totally worth it, and it comes with a lot of product that lasts a long time. I've had mine for a year now and there is still a lot of product left. For actual makeup products, there is only so much you can do for combating oil without making your face look really cakey. I've found that even foundations that combat oil for longer, break down and just look unflattering by the end of the day. So, my biggest recommendation is to use products that don't break down even though you will have to touch up every once in a while. My absolute favorites are the Urban Decay Mattifying Compact Powder, I find that it somehow fixes my makeup when its broke down a bit and I am touching up with it. As for foundation, I would highly recommend the Fenty Beauty one. It is very natural looking, but still has good coverage, and it doesn't break down at all even when I get oily. You should use the Fenty primer with it too as it gives it more of a flawless finish, and makes it last longer, which seems odd since its somewhat of a hydrating primer. If you want any more recommendations just ask. I've been trying products out for several years now.

Re: Best Makeup for Oily acne prone skin

Ok thanks so much! Ur a doll for helping me out. Do u have any recommendations for mascara? Also thinking about getting the fenty beauty foundation brush but wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea with my oily skin.
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing