Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!

ColourPop shipping and VAT

Hello, fellow Canucks 👋🙂

I’m not sure if everyone is aware, but ColourPop updated their VAT (value-added tax) procedures a while ago and it really did us a solid. Here’s the official info on it, from their website:

D65DC60E-EF1E-4AE0-8E13-7470FF491758.jpeg

I kept ordering small amounts to avoid paying customs fees, but that meant I had to pay shipping. The last three times I ordered, however, I purposely ordered over our Customs limit (which got me free shipping from ColourPop) and the boxes showed up at my door with zero issues! 🎉  Yay for ColourPop for doing what so many other companies won’t or can’t for their international customers! 👍

FYI, there is also a sale going on right now, “while supplies last.” I posted about it here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Deals-Too-Good-to-Pass-Up-Volume-Six/m-p/4858301/hig...

75CE2145-A07D-43E9-B916-356E950DB377.jpeg

Re: ColourPop shipping and VAT

I have had never had a problem with ordering from colourpop until this last order. Colourpop has extremely poor customer service and I will not be ordering from them again. I ordered a $40 eyeshadow palette and one of the shades was missing. Went through the customer service and they only would offer me a $5 coupon code. They would not re-ship the missing product. I ended up dealing with my credit card company because for me to order that one shade missing from the palette it would cost me around $20 CAD. So beware when ordering because if something is missing or broken you will only get a coupon code that expires. Also customer service is very hard to reach. I ended up posting on there IG after 1 1/2 weeks to get a response. They also deleted any negative comments or reviews from there site and social media. I got a lot of private messages from people faceing the same issues. Just a warning and thank goodness for my credit card company for disputing the charges. Like I said when you buy a factory car and it only comes with 3 tires, there is no way I would except a coupon code and have to pay for shipping on top again because they made a mistake. I definitely won't be ordering from them again.

ColourPop shipping and VAT

Oh wow! Very nice! I have wanted to try some Colourpop items but the shipping process (duties/taxes) has always worried me. Thanks for posting. Now to browse...😉 (Edit- I did purchase a Supershock shadow in Fluffy when Sephora Canada carried it.)

Re: ColourPop shipping and VAT

@Fallingsnow  I’ve purchased several times since they made this change and the price you see during checkout is the price you pay. No surprises 😊

Good to know, thanks! :)

Good to know, thanks! 🙂
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • D65DC60E-EF1E-4AE0-8E13-7470FF491758.jpeg
  • 75CE2145-A07D-43E9-B916-356E950DB377.jpeg
testing