Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian prices increasing

Anyone else notice huge price increases on most of their favourite products? Ex. Nude Beach Nudestix pack was $78 and has jumped to $90 (still $78 on the Nudestix website).

Re: RE: Canadian prices increasing

A company like Sephora can’t just change the prices of items because they feel like it, it comes from the parent company. Like Bobbi Brown and La Mer do price changes every few months by like a dollar at minimum or even a $10 difference. Not saying you won’t be able to find the products cheaper elsewhere but if it’s a company that’s following the brands standards the price increases will be the same across all retailers.

Re: Canadian prices increasing

all products that I was searching for were set at higher price than they were sold at retail stores (like shopper drugsmart, London drug, The Bay, Holt renfrew) and at brands' store and at brands' online store >"<

I’ve also noticed the price increase of many of my go to items @VNan @Melpo7 @Pokeey @Lilicaceres @nche ! Some items are less expensive elsewhere now! I find this trend somewhat upsetting since it doesn’t reflect the inflation rate in Canada! Another upsetting thing is that Sephora USA has more brands than we have! 

@keana1 Yes many places haven’t been as quick to raise prices. Buy wherever it’s cheaper!! 

And I really miss when we were served by the US website. I rather wait an extra 2-3 days for shipping and have access to ALL the brands and products. 

I completely agree with you @nche ! I don’t mind waiting a few days longer if I can find the same thing somewhere else! Unfortunately some websites don’t deliver to Canada! ( Drunk Elephant, Peter Thomas Roth, to name a few )

Yup I noticed that as well. Figured it was our dollar/brand, but some of the brands that are sold elsewhere have only gone up at Sephora when compared... In some cases its $1 or $2, not a big deal and normal that things rise but some jumped by enough to make it not worth it for me (mostly sephora exclusive brands in this case 😞 ) Edit for mistakes and wording

Canadian prices increasing

I've noticed this too for a lot of products I stock up on. I've actually purchased some from the US site and stores to save money!

Yes I noticed. I was paying  $ 65 for a mask that I liked a lot and it is now $ 72 😒

Not sure if everyone is aware but Nordstrom will ship to you FREE when you call the store to order.

I was at the anniversary sale recently and there are two Laura Mercier lipstick (the new formula) sets that include a full sized lipstick and a full sized liner. On Sephora the cost would be $77 during the sale at Nordstrom $37.

The lipstick shades are A La Rose and Beige Intime, both beautiful. I can not remember the liner shades but they are a close match. And the formula is very nice.

For me, I’ve been expecting price increases across the board as our dollar is doing poorly. Our purchasing power sucks and our Canadian dollar can’t go very far. This is not Sephora or any brands fault. Just wait until Black Friday, it will be really obvious then. 

What I do check is if the price is fairly marked up in Cdn dollars as compared to the USD price. Most beauty products have been fair. It’s shocking but fair.

Unlike the Valentino sunglasses I bought from matchesfashion,a uk online seller, which ended up $100 cheaper than at sunglasses hut here in Toronto. Including taxes and exchange difference. 

I wonder if the dollar improved if they would reduce the prices?

Lol companies are far slower to lower prices. But much faster to raise prices. I do blame them 100% for that. From 2010-2014 we were basically near or at par. I would say that prices didn’t equalize until 2012-ish. I lived near the border most of my life so we would always shop in the US when our dollar was strong and prices in Canada hadn’t adjusted. The Sephora’s in Seattle and Bellevue were as familiar to me as the ones in Vancouver lol. (A few percent price difference can be reasonable due to additional cost of doing business in a foreign country, etc. Like if something is $68 USD and $72 CAD...). 

@VNan, I noticed this summer a significant increase in the Canadian prices for certain Chanel makeup products.

1) The 9-pan Les Indispensables palette used to retail in Canada for $95 and now it's $110 (16% increase). The US price for this 9-pan was unchanged at $70 US. Saw the Les 9 Ombres No 2 Quintessence at Holts for $98 (modest increase).

2) Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder LE compact retails in Canada for $85 vs the same in the regular line for $72 ($13 more for Chanel signature on compact and logo stamped on product). Same products - LE and regular line version - in the US were unchanged at $58 US.

3) The Lumieres Naturelles quad in the Cruise collection retails in Canada for $80 vs. the slightly increased quad price of $70. In the US, this quad sells for $65 US vs. $62 US for quads in the regular line.

I'm watching these prices very carefully on upcoming releases. I was especially flabbergasted at the price change for the 9-pan Les Indispensables palette in Canada.

@VNan  I had been noticing the increases, gradually. However, when I went to the sale section just now to browse discounted items, I was shocked. The sale prices on a number of skin care items are what used to be their regular prices — yikes! 😮

It’s so annoying. I too am also disappointed about the Canadian price increases, especially when they don’t line up. I’ve been buying my stuff from the other stores (Hudson’s Bay, Shoppers Drug Mart or direct from the branded stores) because so far I’ve found its only Sephora who has raised their prices. I always thought that the brands set their own prices but I guess times are changing. I’m finding that Sephora is now $5-$10 more on an identical item (ex Armani Luminous Silk is still $74 at Hudson’s Bay and Armani but yet $80 at Sephora, L’Occitane moisture mask is $49 at Sephora but only $44 at Hudson’s Bay and L’occitane and so on).  Ugh. No incentive to shop at Sephora anymore. 

same with Lancome products

I always check the brands site before I order.

I recently wanted to purchase a L'Occitane moisturizer and it was $20 more on Sephora. There is absolutely no reason to pay that.

Hi @VNan ,

Thank you for your inquiry! We do at times make a business decision to increase our prices. We've been informed that these updates are based on an extensive pricing review which takes market and currency valuations into account. 

Hi @herondale12345 ,

I am sorry to hear about your order experiences and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. If you need any assistance with your order, please send me a private message with your order number and details. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie

OMG yes, why are they increasing prices when the actual product has not gone up in price anywhere else...the too face chocolate bar and similar size palettes used to be $59 but now its $65, why, and its not just palettes a lot of prices have gone up by $5-$15 why is this happening...also is it just me or is anyone else not getting products or used products when you shop online or in store during sales....this has happened to me atleast 10 times, I bought the dior backstage foundation and the bottle was leaking foundation eveywhere, i bought this during a surprise sale! I bought the benefit gimme brow gel and they sent me an empty box! Just a couple weeks ago when palettes where 50% off i i bought the too faced chocolate gold and urban decay born to run and they were both used, had fingerprints all over the palette, and there were swatch marks happening in almost eveyshade in the born to run also a stray hair on the edge of the palette...what is going on with sephora canada!!! Are you all high or something when your sending out products..every single time i have bought makeup on line there has been something wrong with a product..you all need to get quality control in hand and start doing better with it...and to raise the prices on top of all this is just heinous!

Which location does your Sephora products ship from, @herondale12345 ?

It will say on your packages.  

Have you talked to Sephora each time you've had an issue with the products sent?  

The price increases are a drag, I know. 

Idk really never checked...i have let them know they just say sorry, and dont really do anything else about it...the one time they sent me the gimme brow set with the empty brow gel box...the let me keep the benefit bravo primer and sent me a new set but other than that I just exchanged or refunded my products 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 1C0AC325-5BB5-4B67-8252-BD3DDC1D757F.png
  • 8569F9ED-C6AC-45F5-BB64-2A453A720A33.png
testing