Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian Makeup Brands you love? Tell me about it ๐Ÿฉท

Is there a Canadian Make Up Brand you just ๐Ÿ˜ love โค๏ธ ?

I want to hear about it and your product recommendations ๐Ÿ™

I don't feel like I see or hear enough about products I can buy more locally and getting anything from the States is sooo hard tbh

What's the next big thing happening here?

What do you love right now ?

๐Ÿซ–โ˜•๏ธ

Re: Canadian Makeup Brands you love? Tell me about it ๐Ÿฉท

How about Face Atelier?

I think they are in Calgary but certainly online to all of us. Check them out!

Iโ€™ve had great experiences with their foundations, blush, eyeshadows and lip products. Professional quality, you can get samples. Not sold at Sephora but should be! 

I love hearing this @Roaring60z Canadian brands that are loved ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’– I will totally check them out!

Cover FX: This brand is known for its inclusive range of foundation shades and customizable products https://www.goldentreeroofing.com/. They were focused on creating makeup products suitable for a variety of skin tones and types.

That's soo awesome! @Garfoom124 

Cover Fx, Lise Watier, Ilia, Consonant and The 7 Virtues are all Canadian.  I think RMS is too.  Unsure if they're all still owned by Canadians or manufactured here, but I'm about 90% sure they were all founded here.   While Lush isn't a Canadian brand I'm pretty sure all of their North American products are manufactured here.  

Ahhh that's a whole conversation @missjeanie what was/is still manufactured here or what may be bought out etc..

I love this list thou. I didn't know Lise Watier was Canadian, that makes me smile ๐Ÿ˜„

Im trying to remember if BiteBeauty was Canadian, i think they were.

They had great products, but i agree that theyre prices were a bit too expensive, like really.

I still have a mini of theyre lip mask, i dont remember the name of it and its probably expired, but i still use it every now and then and its still great (doesnt smell weird or anything). 

Hopefully they revive and come back one day. 

@Emy10 @CynthieLu Bite Beauty is/was for sure Canadian!  The original Agave Lip Mask is still the lip mask I hold all others against.  Their Amuse Bouche lipstick is one I still love to this day.  The brand slowly expanded from lip products and then eventually went all vegan, which was in my opinion the start of their demise.  They re formulated quite a few of their standout products at that point then the pandemic hit.  The brand still has Lip Labs in several cities where you can create custom lipsticks!

@missjeanie  the only other good lip balm/mask is by Glow Receipe. 

If you havent tried it, it reminds me the effect from the lip mask from Bite. 

One day they will be back.... ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

@Emy10 I don't know if I've tried the #Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Lip Gloss Balm 0.5 oz / 15 mL !  I'll have to add it to my loves list!

@missjeanie  i dont know how they did it, but its the only one that really works.

For me anyway, and i tried Many; from EOS to Fresh to Aquafor and many others.

I love the Coconut one from Fresh because of the blurring effect it has on the lips, but it still dries my lips over time!!

The one from Glow Receipe is very similar to Bite.

I'll have to give it a shot @Emy10 !  I've tried a bunch as well, the Leneige is super popular just isn't for me, too... thin?  The Lanolips was the closest I've found so far.  I'm working through three or four lip masks at the moment but I've added the Glow Recipe to my Loves to give it a shot too!

@missjeanie  Ooooh lol the La Neige just isnt good. It itches and dries my lips!

Its great that it works for other people, but it doesnt for everyone. 

It dries my lips and it leaves a weird film too.

Lanolips doesnt work either lol

When i say that the only 2 that works/worked for me was the one from Bite and now Glow Receipe, im not joking lol

Let me know when you try the Glow Receipe one ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm going to research that one a bit @Emy10 I don't recall the brand but I think my memory just needs refreshing ๐Ÿ˜‰

@CynthieLu  ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Maybe they were not in all Sephoras??

I just learned that they were under LV and Kendo.

Kendo ok, but LV ?? How? Why? 

I know why they were pricey like that now!! ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘

Oooh OK I have totally heard of Bite LABS and thier pop ups! @Emy10 

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

@CynthieLu  I know that Quo is Cdn and I think a shoppers owned brand.  There are these chrome eyeshadows that intimidate me. I bought this turquoise one and when I came home and swatched it, it was more than my little heart desired !....then I tried to wash off and I and NOT over-exaggerating when I say I had a difficult time getting it off.  I have yet to do an eye look with it (again, SUPER intimidated)...but will try to do it in the nxt week and will let you all know how it goes!

*UPDATE* used it as a liner...as recommended by you guys!

IMG_3830.jpeg

@ShayeZee, looks great as a liner.

@ShayeZee It looks fantastic!  I love this on you!!

THANK YOU!!!  @missjeanie 

52 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 162 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos5
  • IMG_1256.jpeg
  • IMG_1257.jpeg
  • IMG_1276.png
  • image.jpg