Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

gel-like top coats

I've been looking for a really good gel-like plumping + shine topcoat. I've tried: Sally Hansen gel shine, P2 volume+shine which wasn't bad at all, one by OPI, Gel Setter by Essie, a Revlon one...you name it I have probably tried it. What am I missing...Is there one that lives up to it's name? Thanks!

Re: gel-like top coats

@roxanne12I got this Pro-FX UV top coat from walmart and I've gotten compliments about my nails when I wear this on top of regular polish. So far, it's lasted me about 10 days without chipping.

Unlike other clear polish I've used, this one can't double up as base and top coat for french manicures. I've tried that once and my full nail design peeled off within 2 days.

IMG_7187[1].JPG

RE: Re: gel-like top coats

Where ever did you buy that top coat?

Honestly, I have given up. LOL. I've tried them all and nothing comes close to an actual gel mani for me. I am ALWAYS disappointed. I ended up buying an at home gel set and its actually super easy to DIY your own gel mani, but I end up going to get mine done most of the time anyway. The UV lamp was not pricey though and you can get the gel colors pretty cheap most of the time. 

Hi @roxanne12,

If you are looking for gel-like nails without the salon, you have to try Deborah Lippmann's Gel Lab Pro - Nail Base Coat and Top Coat Set. I love this set because it gives you the same look and feel of a gel manicure but it's half the price and lasts about as long as one you get at a salon! I also love it because you can make any regular polish look like a gel just by adding Deborah's base and top coat. Also, these polishes are infused with treatment benefits, including biotin and green tea extract. Good for your wallet and good for your nails haha 🙂

upload_6377878301321874532.jpg

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

Thank you! Haven't heard of this one.

@roxanne12 I use Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat.  It's excellent.  You can find it pretty much anywhere nail polish is sold.

Seche Vite.jpeg

This is my favourite top coat too! 

Just a word of warning, @roxanne12 - this has a tendency to dry out really fast. I can usually only get use out of about 1/2 the bottle before it's too goopy and stringy to use. There is a Seche Vite Restore, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it plus I've heard it's not the greatest product. 

Thank you! I will keep my eyes out for it.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos3
  • Seche Vite.jpeg
  • upload_6377878301321874532.jpg
  • IMG_7187[1].JPG
testing