cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|
Anonymous Insider

Work

What do you suggest for someone's whose nails constantly chip? As well as the paint? My nails can get long but then become very weak

RE: Work

I get dip powder done to my nails. They stay shiny and no chips. Better than gel nails!

Anonymous Insider

I have the same problem. Weak nails that won’t hold polish. Regular polish is 70% gone by the end of my bartending shifts and I’m not super into getting my nails professionally done for some reason. I take hair skin and nail supplements and the do help at strengthening my nails and as far as polish I bought an at home get lamp and set. It’s not amazing amazing, it’ll last 3-4 days but that’s okay for me (I switch my color up so often lol) my biggest tip is to make sure you get the tips of your nails like the actual edge so that it’s harder to break the surface from grabbing things! Hope that helped!!

I work retail and have the same problem with nail polish and gel polish. However, if you have the time and budget, get nexgen powder dip at the salon! LIFE FOREVER CHANGED. It doesn’t chip at all AND you can get it on your natural nails, you don’t need to get tips. Just a pain in the ass to go every 3 or so weeks to have them remove and redo. Definitely had no problems with it damaging my nails.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Work

I noticed my polish chipping off in the middle of the nail. Then I realized it's from hitting the keyboard keys, one bare spot was exactly where I hit the spacebar! I'm thinking about cutting the tips off some white cotton gloves, they'd be like cloth finger cots to protect my nails. Think it would work?

A good base and top coat can make a world of difference, Sally Hansen has awesome products. Using pure acetone polish remover weakens your nails, so that could be a factor if that's what you use. One more thing, once your polish starts to get old, it doesn't hold as well and will start to chip quicker.

Hope this helps!

I use a CND Vinylux top coat. It keeps my nails amazing and chip-free for about a week, if not longer!

My nails would chip by day 3 no matter who did them or what polish I would use. The only thing that works for me is a gel manicure. I can get over 2 weeks out of it and usually then it's cause of the growth and not chipping

Eat lots of protein and avoid putting your nails in water for long periods of time. It's also how you file your nails - if you round them too much on each side, it weakens the nails.

Anonymous Insider

Silk strips/fiberglass are very good. I'm a manicurist,  there's no polish that will harden your nails. It's all on what you eat. With the silk strips or fiberglass ,you just cut them the size of your nails, you stick it apply resin (nail glue) on top of the silk then spray resin activator to accelerate the drying process. I don't know if you've heard or seen girls use the tea baggies for their nails... it's the same thing. It really works after all that process you just file & buff .. ☺

Nails Inc makes the best strengtheners, base coats & top coat in my opinion.
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
testing