Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Thin nail help?

I have pretty thin nails and they have always been like this. It makes my nail polish chip super easily, I think because my nails are flexing more which bends and fractures my polish. Only gel helps prolong my manis, but I haaaate how the removal process damages my already-thin nails, leading to long recovery time. I have tried nail hardeners and am now taking Biotin. I also moisturize my hands and cuticles often, but I wonder if anyone in the community has any other ideas for strengthening nails or making manis last longer without damage? I'm getting desperate. Thank you in advance!

Re: Thin nail help?

I personally love viviscal ( it’s  a supplement for hair and nails) also collagen does wonders.I would totally refrain from any polish until your nails get stronger. You should also do all house works ( cleaning , washing dishes etc.) in robber gloves if you don’t do it already .if you don’t see a difference I would also do a blood work

I used to have very strong nails and the gels kept them looking wonderful.After doing gels for 3 years,I decided to just leave them natural.The cost and time involved in keeping up with gels was just too much.Sitting for over an hour was the worst.I love my natural nails and all my male friends admitted to preferring natural nails to fakes and gels!

@0karin  Mositurize your nails with a drop of pure olive oil and avoid frequent water contact.  Zinc and iron are important in the growth of thicker nails and a deficiency could cause brittle nails.  It’s fairly rare to be deficient in biotin as it’s readily available in many common foods like egg yolks, nuts, sweet  potato and spinach. It’s best to have blood work checked for deficiencies before supplementing with any vitamin so you know exactly what needs balancing out.  

I think you did the right thing

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing