Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Sephora’s Lackluster Nail Polish Selection

Does anyone else feel like Sephora’s polish selection is...not great? All they carry is Deborah Lippmann, Ciaté, Nails Inc. and that $50 Louboutin polish, aside from their own line. And most of those only feature basic pink/red/nude colors. Nothing trendy or exciting. They’re always adding new products and brands to makeup, skincare and fragrances but it seems like they don’t care about nails at all. As a nail junkie, it just makes me sad. I spend more money on nail polish than I do on makeup. At this point, it almost rivals my skincare budget. But whenever I’m looking for new polish I never even bother looking at Sephora. Ulta, heck, even my local drugstore, has them beat by a mile in terms of variety and new stock.

Sephora’s Lackluster Nail Polish Selection

Yes, They most definitely need some help with their nail polish selectors!

Re: Sephora’s Lackluster Nail Polish Selection

It makes me sad as well that Sephora doesn't carry more of an array of nail polish and nail care products. I'm definitely a nail junkie as well, and I've had to supplement my fix with either Ulta or PolishPick. Both are good alternatives, but I'd love to see more at Sephora!

My Sephora in the Tampa area at one point had a very extensive nail selection with cotton balls and polish remover also so you could test colours. The range was impressive. Then all of a sudden it was gone. My guess, and it may well be wrong, is that such a product may have seen a large amount of returns. I know personally it is the item I usually miss the mark on. I find a colour and formulation I love, wear it a few days and quickly grow to hate it. Or perhaps people were buying the polish to go with specific clothes or events, using it for that and then returning. Im likely wrong but there has to be a reason behind the lack of nail polish at Sephora.

@barstr7 I am still really sad they discontinued their house brand nail polish remover ! That was the best stuff and I’m on my last hoarded one right now! 

I feel like Sephora used to have a much larger nail polish selection. For instance, they used to sell Butter London and iIlamasqua, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I used to go into Sephora stores and see a huge display of nail polishes, but those are gone now too. I don't know why they took a step back from selling such a huge range of polish, but I definitely miss it. 😞 

@barstr7 

To put this into perspective, I once interviewed at Sephora’s head office in Canada. I talked a lot about how I felt they were missing the mark on hair care, they had maybe 4 brands at the time. I was told hair care wasn’t an avenue they put too much focus on. I ultimately decided Sephora and I wouldn’t be a good fit. 

Look at hair care in Sephora now. Point is, sometimes they miss the mark. They don’t get it right every time. 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing