cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|
Anonymous Insider

Removers - polish and cuticle?

There's lots of new nail polish removers, but which ones work? I tried Piggy Paint Nail Polish Remover and it did nothing. I just ordered Young Nails onto the Next Nail Polish Remover Concentrated Cream. I'm curious about Lippmann's Stripper and her Cuticle Remover. Does anybody know if they're worth a try? Or can you recommend other removers (both polish and cuticle)? 

Thanks!

Tags:

Re: Removers - polish and cuticle?

@Anonymous

Nah, you can get pure acetone most anywhere. I have a bottle of rite aid brand around here somewhere, and it's available at hardware stores too in the paint department, as it can be used as a paint thinner/cleanup material.

It's an excellent polish remover; quick and easy for even the most stubborn polishes. It's just so drying on its own, which is why I swapped to the Zoya.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Removers - polish and cuticle?

@RGbrown  Thank you for setting me straight! I still don't think I'd want to keep anything that volatile around the house but it's probably no worse than the stuff my husband is always bringing inside (and I'm always telling him to find someplace else for it).

Now I wish I could remember what that conversation was about! I'm sure she won't remember, she talks to people all day long. It was something salon-related that they wouldn't sell to just anyone. Oh well, another mystery created by my bad memory!

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 43 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing