Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

Milky Mama

What are some “clean” skincare products that are safe to use while breastfeeding?

RE: Milky Mama

Since most medications are compatible with breastfeeding, it would seem to be a fairly safe assumption that cosmetics would be as well. However, there are always exceptions to every “common sense” rule. I have the newest copy of Thomas Hale’s _Medications and Mothers’ Milk. I would be happy to check on any ingredient listed in there and share the information with you. I *cannot* tell you if an ingredient or product is “safe” to use while you’re nursing, because that would be giving medical advice. I CAN share the information in the book and let you draw your own conclusions.  I’m not sure if I would see a request posted here. It may take me a day or two to respond. If you find what I do to be helpful, help another mother in the future. There were women who helped me when my babies were little, and I keep the chain going by trying to help others. I welcome the opportunity to help nursing mothers. Any time. Anne in Memphis

Re: Milky Mama

@sheesh95 I used Origins products when I was pregnant and breastfeeding.

RE: Milky Mama

I would suggest the products that Sephora labels as clean. It’s a helpful start for those who are ingredient conscious. A new favorite is mine is the Kopari coconut oil, it’s great to use on the body since it’s edible and 100% natural and won’t hurt if it gets on your baby. I use a lot of lush products during pregnancy and breastfeeding too since they’re all safe.
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing