Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Work Go To's?

Hey all, relatively new to makeup I suppose. I'm just wondering as a guy who's daily routine is primer, concealer, foundation, contour and a little bit of blush, with a lip every now and then, usually a nude, what are your go to products for work? I work in customer service at front desk at a hotel and they are lenient when it comes to makeup as long as it isn't too bold so to speak. And it sparks the question are you allowed to wear makeup at your job or not? Just interested in what you other guys go through.

Re: Work Go To's?

I recommend starting with a mattifying or pore-minimizing primer, followed by a concealer to cover any imperfections. Choose a lightweight or medium coverage foundation that matches your skin tone, and add a subtle contour to enhance your features. Opt for a natural-looking blush on the apples of your cheeks and go for a nude lip color to complete the look. Remember, makeup preferences can vary among individuals, so it's important to find what works best for you.

Mastering your everyday makeup routine means 9x out of 10. Nobody will be able to tell you’re wearing anything. Whether you prefer a light concealer here and there or a BB cream. 

It is really neat to hear how of you men wear makeup openly at work and be accepted by your employer and coworkers 

@Kay522 @k617 I'm an engineer too! My office is very casual because we frequently visit the work site-- most wear jeans and T-shirts. For work make up, I usually do:

-color correcting treatment (Dr Jart Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30)

-bronzer(in a light contour pattern)/ blush/ maybe some highlight (Urban Decay Naked Flushed)

-translucent powder (Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder or IT Bye Bye Pores)

-setting spray (Urban Decay De-slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray)

-tinted lip balm (Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment- I avoid all the pearly ones because I always feel like my grandma when I'm wearing them. She's actually really with-the-times, but I can't shake it).

I have eyelash extensions and love sleeping in, so I rarely do any eye make up for work-- at most, a swipe of light shimmer and a dark brown powder "liner". My brows are also pretty dark and full, sooo again with the sleeping in, they rarely get done for work!

If I'm getting ready for something other than work, some of my other favorite products are:

Pretty Vulgar Bird's Nest Blurring Beauty Mousse Foundation, used as a primer or super light foundation-- it seriously does blur imperfections. It's glorious. 

Bare Minerals BarePRO Powder Foundation if I don't want to go all-out but still need some foundation 

Georgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation if I'm going out or am planning on being in any pictures

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette

VISEART Corrector, Contour, Camouflage HD Palette

CoverFX Perfect Light Highlighting Powder

Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer

Urban Decay Eyeshadow palettes, like all of them

Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color, which I think has been discontinued :C 

I'm an engineer and working in an office with almost exclusively men, no one takes notice of makeup and there's no rules as far as those goes. My work routine is very very basic compared to the full face I do on the weekends. Work makeup is usually just concealer, eyebrows, and a lip. Sometimes setting powder, sometimes a highlight, but not always. I normally use a brow wiz for my eyebrows because it's quick. Lipstick is always a more subdued color if I know I'll be seeing any of our clients, but I've been known to wear bright pinks and reds. Like today is NARS Velvet Matte Pencil in Cruella. I don't tend to wear lip colors that are too dark to the office though.

I'm an engineer working in an office, and my work place has pretty lax dress codes (as long as business-appropriate depending on your department) and no rules about makeup. I don't wear bold makeup to begin with but will wear whatever lipstick I want to work. My work makeup is pretty much identical to my weekend going out makeup, but on weekends I might skip a step or two.

One thing I cannot tolerate in the workplace is STRONG PERFUME. There are a few people on my floor who wear such strong fragrances, they linger for minutes after they've passed through a hallway, in the bathroom, etc. It's disgusting.

@adaminski 

Back when I was interning for a photo studio, I got to wear basically anything I wanted. 

I'm teaching now, so mostly nude/muted-rose lips. Tinted moisturizers. Everything's toned down. (I do recall a GSI who used to rock dark purple-ish lips. It was a history of witchcraft course though, so quite fitting) 

Anonymous Insider

my work is cool with pretty much anything ( I work as a b...

my work is cool with pretty much anything ( I work as a barista tho) I sometimes wear a light layer foundation and concealer and contour.

I worked as a waiter for a while but my work was absolutely cool with me wearing makeup!  Even when I was doing the full glam looks (like gold glitter on the lid and smokey creases, tons of highlight, sharp contours kind of glam)!  But now I'm toned down and prefer a more minimalist, artistic approach to makeup!  But I know I'm definitely lucky to have a positive experience with my work!

Now, since I don't wear a ton of makeup, I love the Makeup Forever Water Blend foundation, it's my holy grail!  Clings to the skin really nicely and stays put.  It's sheer coverage but is sort of buildable, but it always looks like skin, which I'm a fan of!  

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing