Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup

New

Hi, i’m new tho this but I definitely want to give it a try, any basic product recommendations for the main things i will need?

Tags:

Re: New

It's worthwhile getting a general sense of what your aims and goals are?

Are you looking for a natural, male-presentation? Are you wanting to go for presentation that's more androgynous or glam?

The worthwhile starting point for both places will probably be in a complexion product.

For a 'natural' look, medium-to-sheer coverage foundation can help even your skintone without making it look like your wearing any makeup. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint 12 and ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Skincare Foundation Formosa ST4 are popular options here with wide shade ranges and forgiving, easy-to-use formulas.

For a more full coverage 

Specific blemishes can be covered over with targeted application of concealer - NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Liquid Touch Brightening Concealer can help here.

There's plenty more help to navigae the many combinations of options (e.g. coverage, your skin type, lines that have better representation for deeper and darker tones) at Sephora's foundation portal: https://www.sephora.com/beauty/best-foundations?icid2=buyingguides_featured_foundation%20mbc0916_eve...

The next step will be matching your shade. In-store swatching will be the best, most effective. Staff are great at helping anyone get paired with the right product, in the right shade. You can try and match your skintone online, but take note of return and exchange policies, since it's just very hard.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing