Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Natural looking concealer

Im a guy and and I want my concealer to look as natural and not as “makeup-y” as possible, I’m currently using the Milk makeup future fluid concealer in shade 19NC and I love it but have also been wanting to try out the Dior Backstage concealer but I’m really sure how “natural” it would look MILK MAKEUP Future Fluid Creamy Longwear Hydrating Concealer with Hyaluronic Acid 19NC Dior Backstage Concealer 

Re: Natural looking concealer

@veyZ7 

I’ve tried both you mentioned and while I like them, I highly recommend the Luminous Silk concealer from Giorgio Armani! Out of all my concealers and even tinted moisturizers/SPFs, nothing beats it IMO. Looks so incredibly natural and skin-like. Never looks like I’m wearing makeup but has enough coverage to make my skin look almost blemish-free, even diminishes my dark circles. 

For some more brightening under the eyes, I use the Hourglass Vanish Airbrush Concealer in a slightly lighter shade. But only a tad bit on the outer and inner corners of my eyes. 

They both have incredible staying power as well!

I’m really liking the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer. Blends really nice and has great coverage.

I would suggest the it cosmetics bye bye dark spots serum concealer it’s great because it has a bunch of skincare ingredients to help target dark circles and puffiness and also has a brush on the other side for on the go convenience 

@JoSometimes shared a great tip below. I do have to say the Dior Backstage is my very favorite concealer at the moment and I find it has great coverage but looks natural since it blends in so effortlessly, and it has good staying power.

I think the most important thing to natural looking concealer is finding a great color match. And, Depending on whether you are covering dark under eye circles or blemishes/dark spots on skin (or both), you may actually wish to use two shades. 

A trick I use (same with matching foundation) is to swatch the shades on my jawline and neck and let them set BEFORE blending them

in. It should match your skin and tone before blending, then it will look more natural once blended. 

Good luck! @veyZ7 

Hi @veyZ7. if you have a favourite moisturizer, try mixing a little into your concealer and see if it helps make it a little more sheer. Start with a tiny, pea-sized amount of each and adjust based on how you feel. Might be just the trick you’re looking for. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing