Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Mascara

I am new to the group and would welcome recommendations. My eyelashes are naturally very light blond and although they are normal length and thickness, they aren't very visible, especially the lower lid. I have tried some mascaras, but so far everything I've used becomes clumpy and obvious. Has anyone found a lightweight product that just adds color without thickening ingredients?

Re: Mascara

Hi, this is packerowner ! I use L’Oréal telescopic mascara black, helps lengthen the lashes , I curl them first to give them a longer look too

Sorry I thought I was talking to someone else about my user name

@packerowner  - LOVE ♥️ your username!!! 🧀

Thank you honey, I own one share of the Packers 🥰🥰 ! I also like your lipstick Coror , I like deep to medium reds ! I wear Nars brand, they wear exstremly well, stay on even after eating and such 😁

@packerowner I read your review of the NARS lipstick. Does it have a matte or more glossy finish? I use a more subtle color for daily wear and work, but bolder colors when I go out on weekends. I generally prefer a matte look even when I'm pushing the shade up a notch. 

Hi sweetie just wondering how the make-up is going for you !! Another thing I do do for my eyes to help them pop out is to do my upper inside eyelids with water proof Sephora collection black eyeliner 😁 keep in touch !!!

Hi Harrison, Nars has both matte and satin finishes !! I prefer the satins but have used their mattes, and they stay on seems like forever 😁

Oh, sorry thought you were Harrison , but happy yup liked my username 😀😀

Practicing my technique on the eyes. No clumpy lashes this time.Practicing my technique on the eyes. No clumpy lashes this time.

Nice, you look great! @Harrison1108 Happy Holidays! 

Thanks for the helpful tips @sister13 !  I stopped by my local Sephora store this afternoon and met the most enthusiastic and helpful salesperson ever. I explained what I was looking for and she was on a mission. She recommended the Clinique Mascara for it's smooth application and the dark chocolate color was perfect. She also color matched the other products for a natural look. Rather than making me feel uneasy, she acted excited to share her knowledge and skills with a mature man with more than a few laugh lines. It's amazing what the right products can do for your self-confidence.

Seph1_3122 (2).jpg

I love Cliniques mascara in Dark Chocolate. That is what I use because I strive to have a natural look also.

I appreciate the kind words. My goal is to perfect the natural "no makeup" look and then work on my skills so I can get more edgy without looking amateurish. I didn't think to add a "before" picture to show how much redness and discoloration I wake up to every day. I believe it's never too late to try something new unless you decide it is for yourself, then it's "game over."  

😉

U do not look like u have makeup  on  AWSOME!!!

Oh, those are great recommendations, and I’m glad they were helpful. I realize now what you were aiming for a very natural look, and that Clinique dark brown is perfect for that. Also, that NARS tinted moisturizer is so awesome, i love it for bringing some life to my skin! You look great, enjoy your new items! @Harrison1108 

I highly recommend the Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara - I would wave the wand for a couple seconds in the air to let the formula set before applying. But, I find this one stays on, doesn't clump or smudge/wear off throughout the day. 

Other good ones include https://www.sephora.com/product/definicils-high-definition-mascara-P54450. 

Good luck! @Harrison1108 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • Seph1_3122 (2).jpg
  • Practicing my technique on the eyes. No clumpy lashes this time.
testing