cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Makeup Routine: Thoughts?

Hello Everyone!

Today I’m gonna share my makeup routine on my male combination skin with you all. I’m new to Beauty Insider Community, so I don’t know what we do here so I’m trying my best. Thanks for understanding!

Of course you always have to start with sunscreen so I Love to use Neutrogena Sports Face Sunscreen, this is mostly because I work a very active outdoor job, so it may not be the best choice for others. Then I use primer, the MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Primer Pore Minimizer Pore Minimizer is my favourite, but sadly it’s quite comedogenic, so it should be applied with a light hand. Next, I put on the HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 040 Fair ... (in the winter) with a brush, I like e.l.f. brushes. And then I pat all over it with the Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original, which I then use to do my HUDA BEAUTY #FauxFilter Matte Buildable Coverage Waterproof Concealer Whipped Cream 0.1 Golden (winter) on my under eyes, but not acne! Sadly my favourite part is over, but then I do contour! I love MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt® Shaping Stick Light (winter)) which I apply on my temples and sides of my nose and blend out with the Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original. I am rally weird when I apply highlighter. I use the e.l.f. brush to apply the SEPHORA COLLECTION Golden Hour Highlighter Duo Full Moon on my… you guessed it, chin. This is because I’m oily in the other parts of my t-zone, but not the chin, so I try to keep it “uniform.” I love all of the #Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blushes, and the shade I pick is based on the season (Winter: Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Hope, Spring: Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Happy, Summer: Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Grateful, Fall: Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Grace). Then Imset with the Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing Powder with the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Powder Puff Setting Brush 170 and Charlotte Tilbury Mini Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray Duo Set (I couldn’t find the full product when I used the # 😓). I’m not really an expert on things other than base, so this is all I do! I also do the “walk through the spray” with the Armani Beauty Acqua di Gio Eau de Parfum 5 oz / 150 mL eau de parfum spray.
what do y’all think? I would like some constructive criticism and “grows and glows,” please!

Thank you!

Re: Makeup Routine: Thoughts?

Welcome to the community @Sam013 🎉 

Your routine is pretty well set! Gotta love those E.L.F brushes right? 😊

Working outside and using an SPF, I love hearing it! 

Re: Makeup Routine: Thoughts?

Thank you for sharing your routine @Sam013! If it works for you, stick with it! I love that you have seasonal blushes. Seasonal complexion makeup is smart too, especially since you’re outdoors for work. I have a winter and summer shade myself. And no need to worry about using a product in an unusual manner! There are no rules for makeup! If you like it and it works for you, go for it!

If you feel like sharing your looks, most of us post them on What are you wearing today Pt2 

If you’re up for challenging yourself I try new things, there’s also Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing