cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|
Anonymous Insider

Everyday Boy Look

I'm thinking of starting to wear makeup at school, I just don't know really what to wear for a nice natural boy look. So I wanted to ask you guys, what is a Natural look for me to wear to school wear people wouldn't really noticed I had makeup on, but where I would look flawless! I've been watching a lot of James Charles videos but most of them are mostly full glam. In the end I really just want to know what should I be wearing, is their any specific brands?

Thanks

Love, William

Anonymous Insider

RE: Everyday Boy Look

Okay first of all, you look gorgeous! I would recommend using a good concealer, and a foundation that matches you perfectly, I would recommend the Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation since it looks verynatural, and the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer is amazing to cover up ANYTHING. Also use a cream bronzer and blend it to bring back color to your skin and look more natural. Also do your eyebrows, I would recommend the new Kat Von D eyebrow powder, it looks extremely natural.And if you’re afraid that people will notice, do not worry it will fine. I started off wearing a little but and now I wear a full face of makeup everyday and I still get confused faces, but most of the time I get compliments and praises. Also, for your bronzer, i would recommend using a darker concealer, the Sephora collection serum works great. So just do you and people will accept it. Lots of good wishes and GOOD LUCK!!!
Anonymous Insider

A good matching foundation, some concealer Along side some bronzing and contour With a touch of blush should be perfect for a natural look Oh and don’t forget those eyebrows 💕💜

Re: Everyday Boy Look

You’re a boy every day no matter your makeup look!

i agree that skincare is key. I also agree that having a look people won’t really notice is pretty impossible. Over time, people will know. The world is full of nosy people and people who have a lot of ideas about what you should or shouldn’t do or who you should or shouldn’t be. You know who you are, and you’re cute as a button. Be you.

to help answer your question, have you considered a B.B. or CC cream or powder? That may be a good starting point. Bonus points if it has SPF — never too early to start! BB and CC products offer light coverage and are usually formulated to be less coverage than a traditional foundation. 

One of the keys to having “natural” or nearly-unnoticeable makeup is a good color match. Go to a Sephora store or use some online something or app to get something that closely approximates your skin tones. 

Finally — having stubble or a beard is challenging with makeup. Makeup or B.B. creams don’t blend well in a beard/stubble. 

Good luck, William! Share your look with us!

Everyday Boy Look

I'm a Sephora fragrance guy, but I have learned quite a lot while having my eye out for more subtle makeup as well as "skincare makeup" as I sometimes call it because they are found in skincare. I love Becca's tinted moisture as well as her lip tint. The lip tints are only online now. I use Dragonfruit. As a lip it adds a bit of color that looks youthful and natural, and as a blush I'd say it makes a foundation look more natural if you use just a little bit. In the winter I've opted for First Aid Beauty Hello FAB 3-in-one Color correctoring cushion. When color correcting became more of a focus, this was my choice for eliminating redness. I found this little guy in skincare. It's very easy-to-use, lightweight and has antioxidants 👌

I work for Sephora and I love the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. I start out with a primer, then I swipe a small amount on the back of my hand to warm it up. I then take my Beauty Blender and pick up a small amount of product and pat it onto the areas where I need the coverage and leave the rest bare where I don’t need it. This will make it look like you have flawless skin without looking like you have a pound makeup on your face. I hope this helps.
Anonymous Insider

6EF496B0-624C-419B-80EA-9EFD69BE6FF7.jpeg

Also don’t be afraid to try different products or textures

Hey there! I work for Sephora and always get to play with everything, but also I live a natural look, depending on what you can spend and the application can either make or break a look. My IG is Jayburke93, I’ve posted. Few looks with natural makeup. Skincare is ALWAYS key. When you wear makeup you still need to have the base good. For foundations go for medium to full, that way you can build up where it is needed, Primers will vary by skin type, if your oily Blackup cosmetics has one that will make my face last all day, Setting will also depend but CoverFX has great ones with a little color to not stress about flash back. Bronzer will always keep you with warmth, message me for any other questions tho! And yes Sephora collection has good primers and setting sprays and the complexion products are great as well!
Anonymous Insider

Welcome William

As one of the other posters told me..
Check out Wayne Goss on YouTube, good stuff.

I myself am just getting to the point of wearing a bit of foundation and concealer out. (Get a skin color IQ at Sephora, its worth it, that will tell you what you should be wearing
Using the right colors and tones for your skin make ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
In guy speak - you need the right tool for the job.

It's hard to take those first steps but just do 1 thing and see how it feels to you.
We can say all day it's about being yourself but as a male, wearing makeup is truly to me a way that men can experience a form of misogyny.

Welcome, we are here to encourage and enable...

Good luck

Nina Bo’Nina Brown just made a video about this a day or two ago. I’m always fuzzy as to whether we can link out to YouTube here so if this link is removed do a search for the channel. 

He doesn’t go full glam and at several parts lists points that could be potential stopping points depending what on the look you’re going for/comfort level etc. It’s a great video and he’s a lot of fun to watch. 

https://youtu.be/46WUFsxNoeA

I would suggest starting with skin care of course, a good primer, and foundation (with setting powder if needed). Having flawless skin is really easy and is the foundation of your look. People will think you have amazing skin and not think "makeup", not that you should care what others think!

Anonymous Insider

I’m 67. I’ve been a cd all my life. I’ll be happy to tell you what I’ve learned. Gehirnloss1@yahoo.com. Name’s Chris. One thing’s for sure ...eventually your schoolmates will notice. It only takes one person to notice. If you’re  not comfortable with everyone knowing you need to find an alternative outlet. Somewhere other than school. Also you need to be able to either outfight or outrun everyone in school or at some point your gonna get your tail kicked.  Best defense - project confidence. It’s worked for me, but you can’t teach fast 

Anonymous Insider

Everyday Boy Look

I know I'm not a guy but maybe start out with a little eyeliner and a little mascara and see if anyone notices.. If not add a few more things.. if you feel beautiful on the inside your outside should as well.. Good luck
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos5
  • 6EF496B0-624C-419B-80EA-9EFD69BE6FF7.jpeg
testing