Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Concealer recommendations

Okay so every concealer I’ve used just looks way to cakey on me. I have really dark circles under my eyes like most of the time I have people telling me I like tired or I have two black eyes. I just want something natural but correcting. My last Sephora haul I picked up the Fenty bright fix corrector and I like it a lot but just want to see if there’s something better. 

Re: Concealer recommendations

Seconding everyone else's recommendations - these are really solid products.

I'd only add that if you're experiencing cakeyness, think of them as two divergent approaches. Going for maximum coverage products (a tarte Shape Tape™ Concealer ) will certainly give you the coverage you're looking for your dark circles, but once you're through setting and blending, it's possible that's resulting in cakeyness.

The color corrector options suggested upthread are great solutions for specifically targeting your dark circles, but the other upside is that those products may also let you get away with using less full coverage concealers - the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer , Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Liquid Touch Brightening Concealer , ILIA True Skin Serum Concealer with Vitamin C Chicory SC1 , the ELF Camo Concealer are great choices.

You could even consider, if the color corrector is succeeding at doing the heavy lifting, simply foregoing a concealer and using a product labeled as a foundation to finish up your under eyes.

3D60B6D8-15D7-4515-A9E7-118D688C7CA6.jpeg

Yes had same issue , benefit boi-ing cakeless concealer is best one for me! Covered dark circles without looking like there’s anything on tbh ! 

Elf concealer has always worked for me

Been there, done that.

Sounds like you need a light to mid coverage concealer and better tools. I used to use a beauty blender but switching to “eye” brushes have completely changed not only coverage and longevity, but it just looks more natural and less cakey. I would recommend Laura Mercier brushes because they’re the best I’ve used so far. I also set my concealer with powder to aid longevity throughout the day. Goodluck!

@angebaby1618 @Color corrector makes such a massive difference for me when it comes to avoiding looking like I’m a raccoon. I prefer liquid ones as I find them easier to blend and they are less likely to get cake-y. My favorite one right now is NARS Radiant Creamy Liquid Color Corrector ! This works well on its own and also sits well under other concealers. While NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is totally not enough on its own for me, this combo gives me a wide awake look without caking up. I using set it with a tiny bit of Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder 

I also like Kaja Cat Nap Under Eye Brightener Peach-Tone Brightener and if you do prefer a cream formula Smashbox Smashbox X Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector is the way to go! 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 3D60B6D8-15D7-4515-A9E7-118D688C7CA6.jpeg
testing