Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What are your main everyday products?

Hi! I finally started to try some makeup on and I have a few things in my collection, but I don't know what else I should be adding in my collection for everyday look. I just paint my eyes and maybe a bit on my cheeks, but no contouring or expert stuff.

I have a decent eyeliner, eyeshadow palettes and blush. I might need a good mascara but I have small lashes and they end up smudging everywhere. I also don't know what are the good makeup brushes I should use... 

So all in all, if you had a few products to recommend for someone who a debutant, I would love to get a bit of help. Thank you so much x

Re: What are your main everyday products?

Which products you should add really depends on which parts/features of your face you’d like to enhance or de-emphasize. If you don’t feel you want or need to emphasize your lashes, then you don’t *need* mascara. 🙂 Plenty of people do nothing to their brows and own no brow products, vs. someone like me who won’t leave home without filled-in brows because I feel my brows enhance the rest of my face. It’s all subjective. 

You mentioned mascara smudging everywhere. Do you mean smudging after you’ve applied it, or smudging while you’re using the brush to apply it? If the latter: that’ll improve with practice. I used to make a big mess when applying mascara, but now I might get just a bit of mascara on one corner of my lid during application—especially with a large mascara brush. Wait for the mascara to dry, then use a cotton swab (the pointed ones are great for this) to wipe the dried smudges off your skin. You can also try using a lash guard for a while, until you get the hang of it. I don’t remember if Sephora carries one... there might even be a Sephora Collection branded one. 

My current daily makeup routine is quite minimal: 

Makeup items I use less frequently: 

Spoiler

Hope some of this was helpful! 

@maymay92 I think brushes are definitely worth the investment. Most of mine are from Sephora Collection, but I also use some from the IT brushes line at Ulta and some inexpensive eye brushes from Elf. 

As for everyday makeup, I go for a quick, natural look most days for work because I'm really not a morning person. Here's what I use often:

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz

Glossier Stretch Concealer 

Glossier Boy Brow

CLINIQUE Quickliner™ For Eyes Intense Eyeliner Intense Black

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow Rush

Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black

RMS BEAUTY - Champagne Rosé Luminizer

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection Mood Exposure

Shiseido VisionAiry Gel Lipstick Night Rose

RE: Re: What are your main everyday products?

Thanks!! 🙂

@maymay92 Here are my go tos:

MAC 24 hour eye base

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent

Ardency Inn eyeliner

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner Iconic Nude

KVD Beauty Shade + Light Refillable Powder Face Contour Palette

BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Mini - Opal

Chaintecaille Emotion blush

PAT MCGRATH LABS - Mini LUST: Gloss™ Trio - Skin Show Nudes

YVES SAINT LAURENT - The Shock Volumizing Mascara

Nars Atomic Blonde Eye and cheek palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe

RE: Re: What are your main everyday products?

Thank you 🙂
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing