cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

"No-Makeup Makeup Thread"

I admit I am starting this for selfish reasons. I do love makeup but I don't have the courage ( yet ) to wear it out. This may be a way for me to wear makeup and I may be the only one who knows. Would love to hear your comments, advice, or anything you may want to contribute

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: "No-Makeup Makeup Thread"

I have a question about the clear mascara I bought. The wand has a curved brush and seems harder to use. Does the curve have any special reason and is there a different way I should be using it. 

@Anonymous I bought that one as well (the covergirl or something) as well as the maybelline one. I definitely find the straight brush easier to use as well. I think the curved brush is supposed to follow the natural shape of your eye but I prefer the maybelline formula as well as brush for the clear mascara so maybe give that one a try!

Anonymous Insider

Hi @Kim888  Thanks for the information. I will definitely try the Maybelline. You also think the Maybelline product works better than the Covergirl ? I know you mentioned you were going to try the clear mascara, how is it working for you? Thanks again

@Anonymous I've been using the Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara during the work week. I feel like the formula gives a more lift than the covergirl one  and I like the shape of the brush better. I think I had mentioned there are very few dark mascaras I can actually wear because I developed some strange allergy to mascara in my early 20s but the clear mascara doesn't make me itchy and it definitely gives an extra something which is nice!

Anonymous Insider

I apologize for bothering you @Kim888  But you have been using the clear mascara like I have and it actually looks like my lashes are getting longer. I'm talking about no makeup whatsoever. Have you noticed anything? No laughing everybody.. 

@Anonymous You're not a bother! I haven't really noticed it making my lashes any longer permanently but it's awesome if it's doing that for you! It definitely makes them look longer when I use it though! 

Anonymous Insider

Very happy this works for you. I like it too. Really appreciate the advice. @Kim888

Anonymous Insider

Hi Ladies. Went to Walmart this morning and got Covergirl Professional Natural Lash Mascara in clear. Maybelline dream Wonder an Elf Brush and Burts Bees tinted lip balm. And yes @fieldsofclover I got the Great Lash. The clear mascara is great and the Burts Bees is good also. The Dream Wonder is a foundation and I thought it was a highliter. Oh well I can use on non stealth days

I've been through so many tubes of Great Lash!! I even used it on my brows back in the day.

Anonymous Insider

And speaking of brows @Aaliaa the clear mascara says for use on brows also. Haven't got a clue what that is about

Yes, if you have unruly eyebrows a product like the clear gel can be helpful hold them in place @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

HI @Aaliaa. I hope you are feeling better. I asked this Saturday but the clear mascara I bought ( which I lovw by the way ) has a curved brush on the wand and it seems a little harder to use. Is there a reason for the curve and is there a special way I should be using it ? Or is this just a dumb question ?

HI @Anonymous, I haven't used the curve mascara but I assume its meant to frame the shape of your eye lashes. I assume its harder to use for the eyebrows with that shape, try playing around to find a way for it to work for you.

Anonymous Insider

@Aaliaa That is what I have been doing because I have been wearing the clear mascara everyday and it has really raised my spirits . If that makes any sense. Thanks

Anonymous Insider

I just tried it and it works.  Thanks @Aaliaa

RE: \"No-Makeup Makeup Thread\"

Love you for this!! Never be afraid to challenge people’s preconceived notions.!! But makeup is not all about color and a mask of product on your face. What about subtle “no makeup” makeup looks. A pretty filter cream like Son & Park, a nice light touch of highlighter on your face or bronzer? I love a gold hue on cheekbones in the summer. Just some luminescent skin and a filled in groomed brow maybe??
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: \"No-Makeup Makeup Thread\"

Thanks @KrishAtl  I have to take all this advice and work on it a couple things at a time.

Anonymous Insider

*Warning - do not read if you're easily offended.

I remember hearing once that the most natural looking lipstick color would be the same color as your nipples (sorry, that's the appropriate medical term).  It does make sense though since that's your very own natural coloring.

I really hope this doesn't start a weird shade matching trend in-store 😆

@Aaliaa I wanna see Sephora employees point that little gun at those! Hahahahaha!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 77 replies
  • 421 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos2
  • Bronzer face chart for short hair. For long hair, omit the neck and sides of face near the ears. For very short hair, dust the tops of the ears also.
  • Some drugstore recommendations
testing