Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What a smashing good time: Smashbox Spring 2019 launch party

IMG_20190125_110317.jpgOh my, what a smashing event this was! Such fun and cool to be at the Smashbox Headquarters! Thanks so much to Kim who was way friendly and made us feel warmly welcomed 🙂 As soon as I texted Kim as we were checking in,  she showed up and was eager to give us our goodie bags already 🙂 I got so excited when she told us we got the whole collection. It was such a wonderful surprise! Then she pointed out what Lipgloss she was wearing (Michelada) which was fantastic. I wanted to put it on right then and there but it would have clashed with what I already had on, lol. 💖
 Kim Smashbox LiaisonKim Smashbox Liaison20190122_194236.jpg
 My hubby and I got there a little after 7 and there was quite a few people "early" to the party already. There were these HUGE heating lamps in the shape of a lamp to warm us up from the cold walk from our car. It made me feel like I was in Alice in Wonderland! :)😄 Immediately we were offered some awesome pizza slices by Jon and Vinny's. So fresh out of the oven that I almost burned my fingers 🤣. To our delight there was a Margarita truck on the left side with plenty of Delicious margaritas. I got the jalapeno cilantro one and it helped warm me up some more! 20190122_191538.jpg20190122_191327.jpg20190122_191546.jpg20190122_191834.jpg

So I ate a little of the pizza but was anxious to see what was inside the warehouse. It felt like we were in a massive photoshoot!!!. There were people posing and modeling like pros at the Smashbox swing set.

There was also a plethora of Super-sized glosses on the floor that everyone was taking pictures with. It was so fun getting in there and playing around with the set.

Then there was this adorable mini RV where you could take photo booth pictures. And surfboards scattered around cuz, you know, its LA! 🙂P1010323.JPGP1010548.JPGP1010317.JPG1548439301945 (1).jpgP1010368.JPG20190125_012146.jpg

The DJ was already playing and getting us in the mood to paartay but I was drawn to some flashing lights at the end of the room where there was a mini Smashbox themed runway with of course, their famous Photo Finish Primers. You really felt like a star in there with "camera" lights flashing. So, I am a clumsy person and I needed to check the primers were attached to the shelves. They were not.... oh no!! 🤤 I admittedly went back in that room several times to practice my runway walk 🙂 (Still rubbish at it 🤣) At one point, I was tempted to knock down the primers but refrained myself, heehee 🙂

DjDj

P1010507.JPGanimation smashbx.gif

They really catered to everyone's needs because there was an open bar AND they offered water and non-alcoholic drinks. Very cool. The hoarder in me wanted to keep a couple of the Smashbox napkins but they were put to good use as the night wore on.

IMG_20190122_204942_563.jpg

🙂 Well, more alcohol got me all hot and bothered so we ventured outside again. There was what looked like a taco station but turns out it was ice cream. And there was a fruita station but I thought that would be too cold to eat. I jumped on that taco ice cream right away so I could cool down. They had Fruity pebbles I think, strawberry/chocolate and UBE.  I got the Ube cuz it was purple to match my outfit and its always delicious! A non-messy ice cream. I wanted to try so bad with a Cinnamon or Chocoloate Waffle cone but didn't want to risk any stains, lol.Ube!Ube!20190122_195612_1.gif

Earlier inside, when I saw a SHORT line by the bar, I thought it was for the bar. Little did I know till the end of the night, that there was a goody bag station and makeup room right by the bar. When  I realized what it was, the line was out the door 🙂. But I was determined to experience everything so I waited an hr to get my: Personalized makeup bag by artrebelstudio!  It was soo cute and he was so friendly and patient even though there were people that kept trying to cut in 🙂  I love the subtleness of his art . Totally LA!!!20190122_212901.jpgartrebelstudioartrebelstudioIMG_20190123_141804.jpg20190122_213656.jpg20190122_213626.jpg

After the line I was exhausted but I needed some touch ups to my lipstick. The makeup artists were ready to help you and had the whole Gloss Angeles lineup ready to wear. The MUA (I forgot to get his name, but my feet were killing and I didn't think) was so lovely.   I have a picture of him if anyone knows him.Smashbox Makeup ArtistSmashbox Makeup Artist

As soon as he saw my lipstick he was like, "we are going BOLD". Love him getting us to do bold colors. He even asked me what was I wearing as he put the gloss on.  Of course it was Smashbox always on liquid in Spoiler Alert 😉. I wanted to copy the lusciousness of the models in the smashbox promo vids and decided to get some tips. He says the models are wearing ONLY the  glosses and that he prefers the wand vs a lip brush. Just swiping it on is all it takes.

Overall, It was a fun and tiring night. Still recovering even now, which is why it took a few days to put this up. 😆 Big shoutouts to @smashbox and @BrendaBT and Kim for letting me experience this Fantastic evening! I was in awe of the fashion here. Such great inspiration!😍P1010392.JPGIn the room where it happensIn the room where it happens20190122_193229.jpgP1010395.JPG

PS The collection: Talk about having a lifetime supply of lip glosses!!! NOT! 🤣😁🤣 If anyone goes to the lippie challenge, you know I will still buy more no matter how many I have 🙂L.A. looks good on you collectionL.A. looks good on you collection

Goody bagGoody bag

Re: What a smashing good time: Smashbox Spring 2019 launch party

@Buootiful you are such a DOLL and it was such a pleasure meeting YOU!  Thank you so much for coming out to celebrate the collection with us and thank you for posting such great photos!  I feel like I am reliving the night all over just looking at them.

Thank you for loving our brand!  Special thanks to @BrendaBT for helping make this happen!

-Kimberly from team Smashbox

Awww, thanks! @sqlvillatoro, it was a great pleasure meeting you too! The evening was so perfect, it felt like we were celebrating the collection in warmer weather. It is always exciting when Smashbox launches their products. Your company is the spirited embodiment of LA and of California, Kimberly.  I can't thank you enough and how we appreciate it here at Sephora. You and @BrendaBT deserve an award for your professional and excellent coordinating!! 🙂

And, it's not that hard to love your brand when Smashbox inspires us to be more creative, get BOLD and have fun-especially with your lip products!!  Makeup is such a confidence booster to make us feel like movie stars.  🙂

Thanks for the pics and gifs @Buootiful  🙂

@Buootiful  Congrats!!!  Looks like a lot of fun!

What fun!  It looks like you had a great time @Buootiful  congrats!  I love your jacket too!

Holy cow @Buootiful This looks like an amazing night and I'm so glad you were spoiled with the whole collection!  I'm thrilled you had such a great time.  Thanks for reporting back to us with so much detail and pictures!

@Buootiful Glad you had a great time. Thank you for sharing your fun experience with us. 

@Buootiful , this is so fun!  I'm so happy for you that you got to go!  The new collection looks fabulous, and I love your goodie bag, too!

RE: Re: What a smashing good time: Smashbox Spring 2019 launch party

Thanks for sharing! So glad you had such a great time! Love all the pics, you look lovely 🤩 (and I'm drooling over the Ube...😋)

Re: RE: Re: What a smashing good time: Smashbox Spring 2019 launch party

Thank you! @joragroy . The Ube was so delicious. Ill be going to that crecream place soon🙂 to try it with a chocolate cone. Yummy!

RE: Re: RE: Re: What a smashing good time: Smashbox Spring 2019 launch party

Sounds delicious! The closest place to me that sells Ube is 3 hours away 😥 but the fact that you get to enjoy it makes me happy! Hope you like it with the cone!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What a smashing good time: Smashbox Spring 2019 launch party

Im so sorry Ube is  far away, that sucks!. 😢. I would do a road trip! I couldnt imagine not having ube, lol.

@Buootiful  Awesome pics hon, I was at the event too and it was a blast. The goodie bag is so amazing, my mom was in makeup heaven when I gave her my boyfriends bag. The quality is so amazing too. Love the pics.

Thank you, wish we could have met @Anastasiya13 . So cool your mom enjoyed the swag too. I love that the la looks so good collection has good ingredients too 🙂

@Buootiful   Thanks for sharing!  And wow- your husband joined you?  He's a keeper!

Haha, yes he is @Ispend2much6  😁 It will probably be the first and last time he goes to an event like this, though ☺

Great point @Ispend2much6 ! My husband would not just say no, but H*** NO, lol! 

@sister13   Lol!  Yeah, it would be similar to that over here also. 

Omg @Buootiful !! I’m so glad you got to go, and even happier that you had a great time! What a special treat that you were able to get a custom bag. You really nailed the outfit btw, I love your jacket and scarf combo especially 😍 work that runway giiiirl

You looked incredible (not surprised though), and looks like you got tons of fun goodies (and margaritas). I hope to see some of them on the lippie challenge thread soon 😉.

oh last thing (I could literally gush forever all of this is so good) - you and your husband are the absolute CUTEST ❤️❤️❤️

Aww, thank you!! 😍😍😍 @cianni . It was the perfect outfit for the occasion. I love each person had their own thing from fancy dresses to fancy boots. There were so many people around my size i wanted to ask where the y got their clothing! Those photo booth pictures, we tried to be kinda kooky and it just turned out that way. We were aww-ing ourselves with that last pic 😁

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos31
  • L.A. looks good on you collection
  • P1010392.JPG
  • 20190122_193229.jpg
  • P1010395.JPG
  • Goody bag
  • Smashbox Makeup Artist
  • In the room where it happens
  • 20190122_212901.jpg
  • artrebelstudio