Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Sephora + Kohl's Thread

This is the Sephora + Kohl's Thread.  It's our place to share all our thoughts about the new deal, which is anticipated to open at least 850 Sephora shops by 2023.  We can talk about brands, sales, and anything in between.

greeneyedgirl107_0-1628892440888.jpeg

Re: The Sephora + Kohl's Thread

I am really disappointed that you can't use sephora gift cards inside the kohls location.  Defeats the purpose of having a "sephora" so close.

I finally made a trip to Sephora in Kohl's this morning.  First, it does have, loosely speaking, a separate entrance like in the picture above.  You do not enter directly into Sephora; it's just a regular Kohl's entrance with "Sephora" in place of "Kohl's."  The store is huge!  It is similar looking to the picture @SportyGirly125 posted.  I can't believe all the brands carried and the SAs were so friendly and helpful. 💖 I didn't make a purchase since my cart is full, but I did leave with a sample. 😁 However, the store is not too far from where I work, so I'll definitely be stopping in like I was doing at SiJCP. 

I snapped this pic in a hurry when I was at Kohl's last week.  I was surprised to see innisfree and TIL there.

thumbnail.jpe

I finally got a chance to go to the Sephora in Kohl's when I was in a rush to use my bday Kohl's cash.  I didn't have much time to look around, but a SA told me that they had 50% of the items a traditional Sephora has.  I believed her, b/c it was way larger than I thought it would be.

I was disappointed that they only had the NARS bday gift, though.  I was hoping against hope they'd have the Moroccan Oil.  Was surprised they didn't even have the Laneige.  Just the NARS.

I went to a different part of town recently, and was surprised to not only see another Kohl's + Sephora, but this one had it's own Sephora entrance just as advertised.

1DEB3372-12AD-4515-97D5-DDAA38F4D9A5.jpeg

I just got back from Sephora inside Kohl’s and couldn’t be happier I decided to check it out. My store still says coming soon and officially opens on Monday September 6th but I guess you can say the soft opening is this week (since they have been open since Monday). I was lucky enough to chat with the product educador as well as three other employees (I think one was the manager and the others were beauty advisers).  I was also able to give some feedback on brands I’m looking forward to seeing and just chat beauty and skincare and of course community.  They did say they were hiring and I was really tempted to apply even though I have a full time job. They said they had part time jobs available too. 

Major brands they had but not the full display were Natasha Denona and Charlotte Tilbury.  They don’t carry Pat McGrath but I requested it.

The store was bigger than I thought it was going to be. Definitely bigger than the SJP stores. 

That looks so nice!!! @SportyGirly125 

@lmaster So now in the shopping square 2 minutes away from me is a Home Goods, Bath and Body Works, Ulta, Trader Joe's and Sephora.  Help!

@SportyGirly125 

rachel-happy.gif

😂

That's great, @SportyGirly125 !  💖💖💖

@SportyGirly125 Great reporting!  So happy for you!

@greeneyedgirl107 In that shopping square I have an Ulta, Sephora, Bath and Body Works, Trader Joe's and Home Goods less than a mile away from me.  It takes me 2minutes to get there.  I think I may be in trouble.

@SportyGirly125 I'd be in trouble, too.  That sounds like a dream, though!  Happy shopping!

@SportyGirly125  Wow, that's a bigger footprint than I expected! Might even be the same size as the standalone Water Tower Place store here in Chicago... the WTP location is L-shaped, so it has a weird layout. Anyway, now I'm inspired to visit my local Kohl's to see if the Sephora section's open. 🙂 Glad you got to chat with some of the employees! 

And hey, if you can manage to sneak in some part time hours, might as well get the discount, right? Actually, I wonder if Sephora + Kohl’s employees get the Kohl's discount or Sephora's (assuming they're still different %s)... I assume Kohl's, since they're the hirer. 

@WinglessOne I was so giddy being in there.  No one was shopping in there at the time so I got their full attention. 😁

So cool that you got to check out a Sephora store inside Kohl's @SportyGirly125! Love that you chatted with the Beauty Advisors about Community. I'm jealous - need to swing by the one in my area soon so I can see it with my own eyes. 😍

@GeorginaBT I was so excited to check out the new store and talk about being an Ambassador for BIC.  It was definitely a great experience.  I also got to listen in on product training which was fun and give them some knowledge I had on essences I recommend to others members on BIC!

I was tempted to apply part time.

Here are some FAQs I stumbled upon:

Frequently asked questions

How do the programs work together?

Sephora Beauty Insider points can be earned and redeemed on Sephora purchases at Sephora at Kohl’s stores and at Kohl’s.com. Sephora at Kohl’s purchases will also earn Kohl’s Rewards, but rewards‐issued Kohl’s Cash is not valid on Sephora at Kohl’s purchases.

Sephora items at Kohl’s(in store and online) Non-Sephora itemsat Kohl’s
Earn Sephora Beauty Insider pointsYes!No
Redeem Beauty Insider points for Beauty Insider CashYes!No
Redeem Beauty Insider points for samplesSephora at Kohl’s stores onlyNo
Earn Kohl’s RewardsYes!Yes!
Redeem Kohl’s Rewards‐issued Kohl’s CashNoYes!
Earn and Redeem Kohl’s CashNoYes!

How do I earn on beauty items?

As a Kohl’s Rewards member, you'll earn 5% Kohl’s Rewards on all purchases ‐ including Sephora at Kohl’s purchases. When you identify yourself as a Sephora Beauty Insider (in‐store via email, and online via a linked Beauty Insider and Kohls.com account), you’ll earn 1 point for every dollar spent on Sephora at Kohl’s purchases.

How do I redeem Beauty Insider points?

In Sephora at Kohl’s stores, you can redeem your Sephora Beauty Insider points for Beauty Insider Cash or product samples. At Kohls.com, you can redeem 500 Sephora Beauty Insider points for $10 Beauty Insider Cash at checkout.

How do I redeem Kohl’s Cash?

Your Kohl’s Rewards balance is converted and issued in $5 Kohl’s Cash increments on the first day of the following month, and valid for 30 days. You’ll receive your Kohl’s Cash via email and if your Kohls.com account is linked to your Rewards account, your Kohl’s Cash will automatically be stored in your Kohl’s Wallet.

Earned Kohl’s Cash, either from earn events ($10/$50) or Kohl’s Rewards, cannot be redeemed on Sephora beauty products but can be used on other great brands that aren’t excluded.

What other Sephora Beauty Insider benefits are available at Kohl’s?

Savings include: Beauty Insider Cash, Seasonal Savings Events and End of Year Discount.

Samples include: Free birthday gifts and product samples at Sephora at Kohl’s stores.

@greeneyedgirl107 - I don't shop at Kohl's.  The only good thing is the Kohl's with the Sephora store is across the street from the mall with the SiJCP.  Why couldn't it have been the Kohl's down the street from me???  Anyway, it's scheduled to open August 20, so I'm sure I'll stop by at some point for investigative purposes so I can report back here.  One thing I already know is that it does not have it's own separate entrance as shown in the picture above.  It's located where the jewelry counter was.  (My mom of all people went on a recce the other day! 🤷‍♀️)

@Titian06 What a shame it isn't at the location closer to you!  Let us know how you visit goes.  I was hoping for a big coupon touting the Sephora at Kohl's, but so far all I saw was a 15% off coupon - I didn't even look closely to see if it was good at Sephora.

This will help with getting to the $75.00 threshold for free shipping @greeneyedgirl107. Sorry I really don’t see myself shopping too frequently at Sephora in Kohl’s. 

Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 172 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos4
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1628892440888.jpeg
  • 1DEB3372-12AD-4515-97D5-DDAA38F4D9A5.jpeg
  • rachel-happy.gif
  • thumbnail.jpe
testing